Coconut ladoo is a round or ball-shaped indian sweet ladoo prepared from fresh or desiccated coconut powder with milk and sugar acting for moisture and sweetness. To make this coconut ladoo recipe more interesting, I have added stuffing in the center of the ladoo. With this recipe, you can make ladoo without stuffing, but the pink layer ladoo with pista-flavored stuffing makes the ladoo more interesting and fun.
This festival season do make this wonderful Indian Sweet and enjoy its mouth-watering and juicy taste along with friends and family!
Coconut ladoo recipe | instant coconut ladoo | nariyal ke ladoo recipe
- 2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup milk
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 tbsp malai or milk powder
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- Pinch of pink food color - optional
- 2 tbsp coconut stuffing
- ½ cup khoya - mawa
- ¼ cup grinded pistachio
- ½ tsp green cardamom powder
- Pinch of green food color - optional
- Garnish: dry desiccated coconut
- In a bowl, take desiccated coconut, milk and sugar. Mix everything and rest it for 15-20 minutes.
- Now place the pan on gas and medium flame cook it for 15 minutes.
- Then add malai and again cook the mixture for 5-10 minutes till all liquid evaporates.
- Then add cardamom powder and Mix well.
- When the mixture looks dry, and lumpy and leaves the sides of the pan then switch off the gas.
- Now take 2 tbsp coconut mixture in another bowl and add a pinch of food color into the coconut ladoo mixture.
- In a mixing bowl, add ladoo mixture, mawa (khoya), grinded pistachio, and a pinch of green food color. Mix well and make a small round shape ball from stuffing.
- Then take ladoo mixture in your palm and flatten it with your hand.
- Add stuffing ball and cover with ladoo mixture.
- Roll ladoo into dry coconut and serve coconut ladoo or store in the refrigerator for 5-6 days.
- Soak desiccated coconut in slightly warm milk for 15 minutes so it will become soft.
- Stir the mixture continuously on medium flame.
- If coconut ladoo is soft then cook it for 5 minutes on low flame so it becomes dry.
- If coconut ladoo is hard then add 2 tbsp milk and cook it for 5 minutes on low flame so it will become soft