Coconut ladoo is a round or ball-shaped indian sweet ladoo prepared from fresh or desiccated coconut powder with milk and sugar acting for moist and sweetness. To make this coconut ladoo recipe more interesting, I have added stuffing in the centre of ladoo. With this recipe you can make ladoo without stuffing, but the pink layer ladoo with pista flavored stuffing makes the ladoo more interesting and fun.
This festival season does make this wonderful Indian Sweet and enjoy its mouth-watering and juicy taste along with friends and family!
Similar recipe collection
Recipe card for coconut ladoo
- 2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup milk
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 tbsp malai or milk powder
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- Pinch of pink food color optional
- 2 tbsp coconut stuffing
- ½ cup khoya mawa
- ¼ cup grinded pistachio
- ½ tsp green cardamom powder
- Pinch of green food color optional
Garnish: dry desiccated coconut
- In a bowl, take desiccated coconut, milk and sugar. Mix everything and rest it for 15-20 minutes.
- Now place pan on gas and medium flame cook it for 15 minutes.
- Then add malai and again cook mixture for 5-10 minutes till all liquid evaporates.
- Then add cardamom powder and Mix well.
- When mixture look dry, lumpy and leaves the sides of pan then switch off the gas.
- Now take 2 tbsp coconut mixture in another bowl and add pinch of food color into coconut ladoo mixture.
- In a mixing bowl, add ladoo mixture, mawa (khoya), grinded pistachio and pinch of green food color. Mix well and make small round shape ball from stuffing.
- Then take ladoo mixture in your palm and flat it with your hand.
- Add stuffing ball and cover with ladoo mixture.
- Roll ladoo into dry coconut and serve coconut ladoo or store in refrigerator of 5-6 days.
- Soak desiccated coconut in slightly warm milk for 15 minutes so it will become soft.
- Stir the mixture continuously on medium flame.
- If coconut ladoo is soft then cook it 5 minutes on low flame so it becomes dry.
- If coconut ladoo is hard then add 2 tbsp milk and cook it on 5 minutes on low flame so it will become soft.