Corn pakoda is deep-fried fritters made from sweet corn, besan, rice flour, yogurt, and regular spices. They are crispy on the outside while soft on the inside. I also share simple and spicy chili chutney to serve with bhajiya. It is a delicious starter or evening snack and it goes great during the cold winter or rainy season with a cup of hot tea! They are quick to make and you can prepare them anytime you feel like it. Do try this!
Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
Corn pakoda with green chutney recipe | makai na bhajiya | Rajkot famous green chutney
For corn pakoda
- 3 corns
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 6-7 black pepper
- ½ tsp ajwain
- 2 tbsp corn kernels
- 1 medium size chopped onion
- 2 green chilli
- ½ tsp ginger
- 1 tsp dry mango powder
- Grounded masala
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp yogurt
- ½ cup chopped coriander leaves
- ¾ cup gram flour besan
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- Oil for deep frying
For chilli chutney
- 50 grm or ½ cup green chilli
- ½ tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp hing
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup peanuts
Making corn pakoda
- Grind coriander seeds, black pepper and ajwain into a coarse powder.
- Grate the corn or coarsely ground with a grater.
- Now add corn kernels green chilli, chopped onion, ginger paste, dry mango powder, grinded masala, amchur powder, salt, sugar, yogurt and coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Add ¾ cup of besan and 2 tbsp rice flour. Stir well. If the batter is too thin then add a little more besan. The consistency of the batter should be medium.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat for deep frying.
- Once hot drop a few pakoras at a time using your hand or two spoons.
- After some time move them around for even browning.
- Fry till it is golden brown from both sides.
- Remove it to a wire rack using a slotted spoon.
Making chilli chutney
- In a mixture jar, add green chilli, lemon, salt, hing, turmeric powder and peanuts. Grind into a smooth paste.
- Chutney is ready. Serve it with bhajiya
- Grate corn into a coarse paste.
- Curd gives softness to bhajiya.
- do not add water to make bhajiya batter.
- whisk bhajiya batter for 2 minutes so air particles incorporate in it.
- fry bhajiya on medium flame.