Doodh pak is a traditional Gujarati sweet dish and is enjoyed best with poori. It is a sweet dish made with milk, rice, and dry fruits. The milk is slow-boiled to thicken and flavored with cardamom and jaiphal powder. Finally, doodh pak garnish with chopped nuts and charoli. I add some milk powder to make doodh pak creamy and thicken quickly. It is really delicious and easy to make. Do try this quick and easy doodh pak recipe, and enjoy the festivals.
Doodh pak recipe | how to make Gujarati dudh pak | Gujarati doodh pak
- 2 liter full fat milk
- 2 tbsp rice
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp ghee
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup milk powder
- 2 tbsp pistachio
- 2 tbsp almond
- 2 tsp charoli
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp jayphal powder
- In a pan, add some ghee and grease pan with it.
- Now add milk and bring it to a boil.
- Then add 1 tsp ghee to the soaked rice and add it to boiling milk.
- Keep the flame low and simmer it till the rice is completely cooked. Stir occasionally.
- When rice is completely cooked, and then add sugar, chopped dry fruits, and charoli. Mix well and boil for 5 minutes till the sugar is completely melted and charoli become soft.
- In a bowl add milk powder and milk. Mix well and add to doodh pak mixture.
- Doodh pak quickly starts to thicken.
- Switch off the gas and add cardamom powder and jaiphal powder. Mix well.
- Cool down doodh pak completely or refrigerate it for 2 hrs. Serve.
- The proportion of rice should be 1 tbsp for 1 liter of milk.
- The addition of ghee helps to prevent milk from sticking while preparing doodhpak.
- When rice is completely cooked then add sugar to doodhpak.
- Milk powder gives thickness and creaminess to doodhpak.