It is a tasty fasting chilla recipe made with sabudana pearls, potato, farali flour, and regular spices. It is Crispy from the outside and soft from the inside; these mildly spiced pancakes with chutney will surely satisfy your cravings during vrat. It is an easy recipe and is loved by all kinds of age groups. Do try this!
The key to making tasty farali bhajiya at home are:
- soak the sago pearls for a minimum of 4 hours so that it would be easy to grind it.
- rajgira flour or any farali atta and boiled potatoes gives good taste and binding to farali nashta
- Do not rest the batter and nashta has to be used immediately once the batter is made.
- Lastly, cook nashta on the medium-low flame so it is properly cooked and becomes crispy from outside.
Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
Recipe card for sabudana chilla
- 1 cup sabudana
- ¾ cup water to grind sabudana
- 1 boiled and mashed potatoes
- ¼ cup rajgira flour
- 2 tbsp crushed peanuts
- 2 chopped green chilli
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
- Some coriander leaves
- ¾ cup water
- Oil for roasting
- 2 tbsp white sesame seeds
- Some curry leaves
- In a bowl, take 1 cup of sabudana in a large bowl. add enough water, rub and rinse for 3 times or until water run clean.
- Then add ¾ cup water and soak for 4-5 hours.
- Transfer the soaked sabudana into the blender and add ¾ cup water. grind it into smooth paste.
- Add grinded paste into mixing bowl, also add grated potatoes, rajgira flour, crushed peanuts, green chilli paste, cumin seeds, salt and some coriander leaves. mix well.
- Then add ¾ cup water, whisk and mix well to form a thick batter.
- Heat oil in a pan, add white sesame seeds and some curry leaves.
- pour ladleful of batter onto a hot tawa and spread gently.
- Cover and cook nashta on medium-low flame.
- flip the nashta and cook both sides pressing gently.
- sabudana aloo nashta or panckaes is ready to serve with green chutney.
- grind sabudana into a fine batter.
- Rajgira flour and boiled potatoes give binding to nashta.
- make thick and pouring consistency of the batter.
- cook nashta on medium-low flame.