Garlic Green Chilli chutney (Thecha) is an exciting side dish recipe. The spicy green chili and the pungent garlic is coarsely ground and tempered with cumin seeds to give it a spicy chatpata taste. You can make this in a small batch and store it in your refrigerator for later use as well. I personally liked its spicy taste and enjoyed khakhara and a cup of tea.
Recipe card for garlic green chilli chutney
- 100 grms green chilli
- 50 grms or 35-40 garlic cloves
- 50 grms or 3 tbsp peanuts
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp + 2 tbsp oil
- Dry roast peanuts in a pan. Remove its skin and divide it into half.
- Now in a pan, add oil, cumin seeds, green chili, and garlic cloves. Roast it till they become slightly soft.
- Add roasted peanut and salt. Mix well
- Cooldown mixture completely and grind it into a coarse paste.
- In a pan, Sauté grinded chutney with oil for 2 min to increase its shelf life.
- Switch off the flame and store chutney into airtight container.
- The quantity of garlic and peanuts should be half than green chili.
- Grind chutney into a coarse paste.
- Roasting of grinded chutney increases its shelf life