Instant rava chakli is a popular Indian deep-fried namkeen. The crispy texture, and spicy flavors of this deep-fried snack ‘chakli’ makes it deliciously addictive. It is simple and easy to make with rava, rice flour and regular spices. It is usually made for a festival time like Diwali, janmashtami, and pairs perfectly with a hot cup of tea (chai).
Instant chakli recipe | rava chakli recipe | how to make instant rava chakli
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup fine rava
- ½ cup rice flour
- 1 tsp ghee or butter
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp water or as required
- Oil for deep frying
- In a pan, heat a cup of water, when water comes to a boil add rava gradually and keep stirring.
- Break the lumps and cook till it comes together like dough.
- Add ghee (or butter) and mix well.
- When the dough leaves the pan, switch off the gas and transfer it to the bowl.
- Then add sesame seeds, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt. Mix everything together to crumbled form.
- Add water little by little and knead stiff and soft dough.
- now take star mould and fix it to the chakli maker. Grease the chakli maker with some oil. this prevents the dough from sticking to mould.
- Now make a cylindrical shape out of dough and place the dough inside the maker.
- Then tighten the lid and start preparing chaklis on the grease surface or butter paper make small spiral shape chaklis by pressing.
- Seal the ends so that it doesn’t fall apart while deep frying.
- Heat oil in a pan, make 3-4 chakli and slide it into the hot oil.
- flip the chakli and fry on medium flame till they turn crispy from both sides.
- furthermore, drain over a wire rack to remove excess oil.
- once all chakli is cooled enjoy instant chakli or store it in an airtight container for 15 days.
- use fine rava for chakli.
- do not add more ghee to rava.
- cook rava till it becomes soft, and non-sticky and leaves the sides of the pan.
- the proportion of rava and rice should be equal.
- make stiff and smooth dough for chakli.
- fry chakli on medium-low flame.