Instant dahi vada or dahi bhalla recipe made with moong and urad dal flour & dahi vada toppings. it is one of the best alternatives to traditional dahi vada which requires soaking and grounding to make it a lengthy process. it can be an ideal street food snack and can be prepared and served quickly without any preparation required it.
I have shared a perfect ingredient ratio and a few no-fail tips to help you to make super soft and tasty instant dahi vada on the first attempt.
- Firstly, grind moong dal and urad dal into fine powder. Also, sieve grinded mixture for even texture of vada.
- whisk vada batter with a hand or electric beater, so air particles incorporate into it and vada become soft and fluffy.
- At the time for frying vada, if you feel dropping the vada’s with your fingers is not yielding a ball-shaped vada, you may use a round tablespoon. you may have to occasionally dip it in water and clean it before further use so that the batter can easily slip into the hot oil.
- soaking the fried vada in hot water helps to reduce oil and also makes vada soft and juicy. also, if you have enough time, then soak the vada in curd or buttermilk for at least 2 hours before serving.
- make sure to use fresh curd. Also, Sieve dahi so it will become smooth and creamy.
- Finally, dahi vada tastes great when prepared soft and juicy.
Instant Dahi vada recipe | instant dahi bhalla | how to make instant dahi vada
- ¾ cup moong dal
- ¼ cu urad dal
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp jeera
- 1 tsp green chilli paste
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- Water to soak dal flour
- Oil for deep frying
- 5-6 cup slightly hot water
- Salt to taste
- ¼ tsp hing
For sweetened curd
- 2 cup curd
- 4 tbsp sugar or as per your taste
- Pinch of salt
- Green chutney
- Tamarind chutney
- Roasted cumin powder
- Red chilli powder
- Chaat masala
- Pomegranate seeds
- Coriander leaves
Making vada for dahi vada
- In a mixture jar, add moong dal and urad dal. Grind it into fine powder and sieve grinded flour.
- Now add water gradually and soak flour for 25 minutes.
- Add 1-2 tablespoon water and whisk batter for 6-7 minutes till it changes its color and become light and fluffy.
- Then add salt, cumin seeds, green chilli paste and ginger paste. Mix well.
- Now add baking soda and mix well with batter. prepare a medium thick batter.
- now with a wet spoon or using hand, drop a spoonful of batter into the hot oil.
- keeping the flame on medium, stir occasionally. fry until the vada turns golden brown and crisp.
- drain off the vada with wire rack to remove excess oil.
- now in a large bowl take 5-6 cup of slightly hot water. add ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp hing. mix well making sure it is well combined.
- now drop the hot fried vada into the water and dip completely.
- soak for 45 min to 1 hrs, or until the vada absorbs water.
- then squeeze off the water and transfer it to the plate.
Make sweetened curd for Dahi vada
- firstly, take 2 cup curd and sieve it.
- then add 4-5 tbsp sugar and ½ tsp salt.
- mix well making sure everything is well combined.
Assembling dahi vada for serving:
- Place vada on a plate. pour the sweetened curd over the vada.
- Then spread a generous amount of green chutney and tamarind chutney.
- sprinkle chilli powder, cumin powder, and chaat masala.
- top with pomegranate seeds and coriander.
- enjoy dahi vada chilled.
- Grind dal into fine powder.
- sieve grinded flour for even texture of vada.
- rest batter for 25 minutes so flour is properly soaked and puffed up.
- whisk batter for 5-7 minutes in one direction, so air particles incorporate in it and it becomes light and fluffy.
- The consistency of dahi vada batter should be medium thick.
- pinch of baking soda helps to make fluffy vada.
- Fry vada on medium flame.
- soak fried vada in slightly hot water.
- for smooth and creamy texture sieve yogurt.