Instant idli premix is a perfect recipe for young bachelors or working couples on a busy morning. It is an instant way of preparing the traditional south Indian breakfast delicacy in less than 15 minutes. The idlis made with this instant idli mix are soft, fluffy, and goes very well with coconut chutney or sambar.
Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
Instant idli premix | Idli flour recipe | Instant idli mix recipe
For making instant idli flour
- Roast urad dal on a low flame for about 2 minutes. Urad dal is roasted just to get rid of some moisture from them.
- Then add the poha.
- Mix very well and roast for a minute on low flame. Remove the pan from the stove top and let this mixture cool down.
- Then add everything to a grinder jar. Grind to a fine powder.
- Take the grinded flour in the seive and sift it.
- Some urad dal grits will be there. You can add them to your dals or discard.
- Add rice flour and salt. Mix very well.
- The idli mix flour is ready. Store premix in air tight container.
To prepare instant idli
- First mix idli mix flour, water and sour curd very well. Use a wired whisk to make a smooth lump free batter. Then add ½ teaspoon fruit salt or eno. Again mix very well. Then pour in a greased idli pan and steam the idlis for 10 to 12 minutes. Avoid using baking soda as it gives a soapy aroma in the idlis.
- Roast urad dal before grinding to remove moisture from it.
- Avoid using baking soda as it gives a soapy aroma in the idlis.
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to subscribe our Youtube Channel and stay updated with our latest video recipes