It is a quick and easy South Indian Tiffin/ Breakfast combo that is made from sooji vada and pressure cooker sambar. This medu vada is very handy and made up quickly without soaking dal in advance. I also share the pressure cooker sambar recipe with saves a lot of time in a busy routine. This south Indian combo is easy to make and ideal for breakfast or tiffin recipes. Do try this and enjoy its mouth-watering taste along with friends and family!
Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
Instant medu vada | sambar in pressure cooker | how to make instant rava vada
For instant medu vada
- 1.5 cup water
- 1 cup coarse semolina suji
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp green chilli paste
- 4-5 chopped curry leaves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp curd
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- Oil for deep frying
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 dry red chilli
- 5-6 curry leaves
- ¼ tsp asafetida
- 2 green chilli slits
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped tomatoes
- 1 small size carrot
- 2 small eggplants brinjal
- ¼ cup bottle gourd pieces
- ¼ cup soaked tuvar dal
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tsp sambar masala
- 2.5 +3/4 cup water or as required
- 2 tsp tamarind paste
- 1 tsp jaggery
- Some coriander leaves
Making instant medu vada
- In a pan, boil 1.5 cup water, then add coarse semolina. Mix well till semolina absorbs water.
- Take out semolina into a mixing bowl, then add ginger paste, green chilli paste, chopped curry leaves, cumin seeds, chopped onion, coriander leaves and salt.
- Now in a bowl, add curd and baking soda. Mix well and add the mixture to semolina.
- Mix well and make dough.
- now grease both hands with oil and take a ball-sized dough.
- flatten with your hands and make a hole in the center.
- drop into hot oil and fry the vadas on medium flame stirring occasionally.
- fry the vadas till they turn golden brown from both sides and drain over a kitchen towel to remove excess oil.
- serve instant rava vada with sambar.
- Soak split pigeon peas in 1 cup water.
- In a pressure cooker heat oil, dry red chiles, curry leaves, mustard seeds, and asafoetida powder and green chilli slits. Sauté for a minute.
- Add onion to pressure cooker and sauté until onion is transparent.
- Add chopped tomato and salt. Mix well and cook till the tomato become soft.
- Then add carrot, bottle gourd pieces, brinjal pieces, soaked tuvardal, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and sambar masala. sauté the mixture for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 2.5 cup water and mix well.
- Cover the lid and pressure cook on a medium flame for 2-3 whistles.
- When the pressure cooker releases its pressure naturally, open the lid and add the required water for sambar consistency.
- Then add tamarind pulp and jaggery. Mix well.
- Garnish with some coriander leaves and serve sambar with vada.
- use coarse rava(suji) for rava uttapam.
- curd and baking soda mixture helps to make soft and fluffy vada.
- fry vada on medium flame.
- use soaked dal for pressure cooker sambar.
- addition of tamarind pulp and jaggery after pressure cook dal and vegetables.