Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
Instant Rava dosa | How to make instant Rava dosa |crispy dosa with coconut chutney
- 1 cup rava
- ¼ cup wheat flour
- 1 cup curd
- ½ + ¼ cup water
- Salt to taste
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- Butter or oil to roast dosa
For Coconut Chutney
- ½ cup coconut
- 2 tbsp roasted chana dal
- 1 green chilli
- ½ inch ginger
- Salt to taste
- 3-4 tbsp water
- 1 tsp oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp urad dal
- 5-6 curry leaves
- Pinch of asafetida
- 1 dry red chilli
For Instant dosa
- In a grinding jar, add rava, wheat flour, curd and water. Make a smooth batter.
- Take out batter into mixing bowl and rest it for 10 minutes so rava will puff up.
- After 10 minutes, add the required water to make dosa batter and mix well.
- Then add salt to taste and pinch of baking soda. Mix well.
- Now heat a tawa, grease it with oil and with wet cloth cool down the temperature of tawa.
- Take 1-2 ladles of batter and spread it on tawa.
- Apply butter to the dosa and roast the dosa on medium flame.
- Roll the crispy dosa and serve hot.
For coconut chutney
- In a grinding jar, add coconut, roasted chana dal, green chilli, ginger, salt and water. grind into a smooth paste.
- Then in a pan, add oil, mustard seed, cumin seeds, urad dal. Sauté till urad dal turns slightly golden brown.
- Then add curry leaves, asafetida and dry red chilli.
- Pour hot tempering on chutney and serve.
- dosa batter should have flowing consistency.
- Lower the gas flame while spreading the dosa.
- Cook dosa on medium flame.