Jalebi is a popular Indian sweet having crispy, juicy, and tasty with a crystallized sugary coating. I made thin and crispy homemade jalebi with instant batter. These will stay crispy for hours and are best enjoyed with rabri or milk!
Jalebi batter and oil temperature to fry jalebi are the most important part of this recipe, so I have shared the perfect ingredient ratio and a few no-fail tips to help you to make the perfect instant jalebi on the first attempt.
Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
Jalebi recipe | How to make Traditional style jalebi | homemade crispy jalebi recipe
- 1 cup maida - all purpose flour
- 4 tbsp or ¼ cup cornflour
- 4 tbsp or ¼ cup sour yogurt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp yellow food colour
- 150 ml or 1 cup water
- oil or ghee to fry jalebi
- For sugar syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 3 cardamom pods
- Some saffron strands
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- In a mixing bowl, add maida, cornflour, yogurt, baking soda, yellow food color and water. mix well
- jalebi batter should not be too thick or thin. It should have free-flowing consistency.
- Now add sugar to a pan. Add water and mix with sugar and let it all come to a boil.
- Once it comes to a boil, add cardamom powder, saffron strands, and lemon juice.
- Let it simmer till the syrup becomes sticky and forms a half-string consistency. Switch off the gas and cover and keep the syrup warm while you make jalebis.
- Transfer jalebi batters into a squeeze bottle or plastic bag.
- Heat oil in a pan. Keep the flame medium-low and squeeze the batter in hot oil, making a spiral motion from inside to outside.
- Fry till crisp from both sides. Remove from ghee and immediately dip in warm sugar syrup. Keep jalebi in sugar syrup for 30 seconds to one minute.
- Remove jalebis from the sugar syrup and transfer to a serving plate. Enjoy homemade jalebi with milk and rabdi.
- Curd gives sourness to jalebi batter.
- Jalebi batter should not be too thin or thick. Make sure your batter is of flowing consistency.
- Oil should be medium hot while you fry jalebi.
- Add fried jalebi directly into the warm sugar syrup.
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to subscribe our Youtube Channel and stay updated with our latest video recipes