Kaju draksh ice cream is one of the popular ice creams in Gujarat made with cashew and raisins. This Ice Cream requires only a few ingredients and tastes will similar to ice cream available in restaurants or markets. It can be served as a dessert to kids and adults. Do try this recipe today and makes a refreshing summer treat!
Similar recipe collection
Recipe card for Kaju draksh icecream
For cashew paste
- 10 nos. or ¼ cup cashew
- ¼ cup milk
For kaju draksh ice cream
- 500 ml milk
- Cashew paste
- ½ cup or 100grm sugar
- 2 tbsp corn flour + ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup or 200 grm full fat cream or whipped cream
- 2-3 drops vanilla essence
- ¼ cup cashew
- ¼ cup raisins
- In a mixture jar, add ¼ cup cashew and milk. Grind it into a smooth paste. Keep it aside.
- Now, In a heavy bottom pan, boil 500 ml milk on medium flame.
- Add cashew paste and mix well.
- Then add ½ cup sugar and mix well until sugar completely dissolves.
- Now in another bowl add 2 tbsp cornflour and ¼ cup water. Whisk it well so that there are no lumps in it.
- Add the cornflour mixture and keep cooking until it becomes slightly thick and coasts the ladle. Switch off and set aside to cool.
- Now, in a bowl add 1 cup full fat cream or whipped cream. Whisk the cream till it becomes fluffy.
- Once the ice cream mixture completely cools, add the mixture into cream and 2-3 drops of vanilla essence in it.
- Mix everything with a whisker.
- Transfer to an air-tight container, freeze for at least 2-3 hours.
- Meanwhile, soak ¼ cup cashew and ¼ cup raisins into hot water. when they soaked properly, remove water and cut it into small pieces.
- After 2-3 hrs again whisk the ice cream mixture.
- Add cashew and raisins pieces in it and mix well.
- Transfer ice cream mixture to an air-tight container and sprinkle some cashew and raisins on the top of it.
- Freeze for 8 hrs or overnight.
- Scoop and serve kaju draksh ice cream and enjoy!
- Milk and cashew paste gives nice flavor to ice cream.
- Scrap the sides of pan and add malai while boiling milk.
- Stir continuously after adding cornflour mixture, otherwise mixture will stick to bottom of pan.
- When mixture coats the spoon properly then switch off the flame.
- whisk cream with whisker, so air particles incorporate into mixture.