Kaju katli is smooth and melts in mouth-thin slices of cashews. This trial and tested recipe help to make perfect kaju katli like the ones we get in halwai or Indian sweet shops.
This is a trial and tested method which requires only 3 ingredients and does not involve a complex process like checking string consistency. If you are a beginner or making kaju katli first time then follow this method. This method yield perfects smooth and thin slices of kaju katli. Here is an easy video recipe for kaju katli.
Kaju Katli recipe | How to make kaju katli | kaju burfi
- 1 cup or 165 grams kaju cashew nuts
- ½ cup or 110 grams sugar
- ¼ cup or 5 tbsp water
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- ½ teaspoon ghee for greasing
- Garnish: 3 strips of sliver vark varakh (optional)
- Take 1 cup kaju (cashew) in the dry mixture grinder.
- Run the mixture on the reverse side or grind at one-second intervals.
- The kaju (cashew) should be in dry powdered form and not become oily.
- Now in a non-stick pan, add ½ cup sugar and ¼ cup water and dissolved sugar on low flame.
- There is no need for sugar consistency, just dissolved sugar into the water.
- After the sugar is dissolved add kaju (cashew) powder into the sugar mixture and stir continuously on low flame.
- The kaju (cashew) mixture starts thickening.
- When kaju (cashew) mixture starts to come together and separates from the pan then switch off the flame.
- Take the kaju(cashew) mixture to the work surface and 1 tablespoon of ghee in it. Mix well.
- When the mixture is hot enough to handle, then knead the kaju (cashew) mixture.
- Grease the plastic sheet with little ghee.
- Place kaju (cashew) mixture on it and roll gently the dough from all sides with a rolling pin.
- Apply little ghee on the top surface and place silver vark (varakh) on it. It gives a tempting and perfect sweet shop look to kaju katli.
- Cool completely at room temperature.
- Using a sharp knife cut kaju katli pieces into 1.5 inches distant between two straight lines and two slant lines for getting the perfect diamond shape.
- Serve kaju katli or store in an airtight container.
- Do not use refrigerated cashew nuts for recipe. Make sure cashew nuts are at room temperature before grinding.
- Grind cashew on the reverse side of the mixture grinder. Do not overdo the grinding process because oil is released from cashew nuts.
- The powder of cashew should be dry not become pasty.
- No need for sugar consistency in the recipe. Just let the sugar dissolve in water.
- Do not overcook the cashew mixture otherwise, kaju katli becomes hard.
- Cut kaju katli pieces into 1.5 inch distance between two straight line and two slant lines for getting the perfect diamond shape.
- Most importantly, Stick to the all measurement mentioned in the recipe for perfectly smooth and melt-in-mouth kaju katli.
- You can garnish kaju katli with dry rose petals.
- You can also avoid the use of silver vark while garnishing the kaju katli..
- Store kaju katli in an airtight container for 15 days in the refrigerator.