Khajur gond pak is healthy and tasty made with dates, gond and dry fruits, and coconut. It has almost every nutrient and provides the necessary heat and warmth during winter. It is also rich in calcium and protein so ideal to serve kids, new mothers, and elderly people. Khajur gond pak or ladoo will drive you high on energy when you eat it in the morning.
I will share the perfect ingredient ratio and a few no-fail tips to help you to make the perfect khajur gond pak on the first attempt. Do try this!
The key to making the perfect kajur gond pak at home are:
- firstly, use moist and seedless dates which are perfect for this pak recipe. If you have dry dates at home, then grind it slightly on the pulse and make it soft for pak.
- roast dry fruits on low flame for more crunchy bites. add dry fruits of your choice, and adjust proportion accordingly.
- crush roasted nuts into small pieces or chop them finely before adding them. also, ensure that you do not blend them to a fine powder if you are using a blender.
- It also has a long shelf life and can be stored in an airtight container for 15-20 days in winter.
Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
Recipe card for kajur gond pak
- 500 grm soft dates khajur
- 100 grm gond
- 6 tbsp ghee
- 50 grm or ½ cup chopped almonds
- 50 grm or ½ cup chopped cashews
- 50 grm or ½ cup chopped pistachio
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 tbsp watermelon seeds
- 50 grm or ¾ cup dry coconut
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp dry ginger powder
- 1 tbsp sugar optional
- Remove seeds from dates and keep them aside.
- In a heavy bottom pan kadai, heat 4 tbsp ghee and add gond into batches. Fry gond till it completely puffs up.
- Then crush fried gond completely with a steel bowl. keep it aside
- Now roast ½ cup almonds, ½ cup cashew, ½ cup pistachio. Roast on low flame until the dry fruits turn golden and crunchy.
- Then in a mortal-pestal, crush dry fruits into small pieces. Keep it aside.
- Then add 2 tbsp poppy seeds, 2 tbsp watermelon seeds, and ¾ cup dry coconut. Roast it until they turn crunchy. Take it out into a plate and Keep it aside.
- Now in a pan, add 2 tbsp ghee and deseeded dates and roast until the dates become soft, scratchy and ghee is oozing out from its sides.
- Switch off the flame and when the mixture is slightly hot, add dry fruits pieces, crushed gond, coconut-seeds mixture, sugar, cardamom powder, and dry ginger powder. Mix well.
- Khajur gond pak mixture is ready. divide it into two parts.
- From one part, roll ladoo and coat it with dry coconut.
- For another part, transfer the prepared mixture into a greased plate lined with baking paper and set well forming a block.
- allow setting for 1-2 hrs at room temperature or 30 in the refrigerator.
- Cut into pieces and unmold it.
- Serve khajur pak or store in an airtight container for 15-20 days or months in the refrigerator.
- Use soft and seedless kajur for kajur pak.
- Roasted dry fruit in ghee gives its crunchy taste to kajur pak.
- Roast everything on low flame.
- if the mixture cools and you are unable to make pak or ladoo then do not worry. you can microwave for a minute or add some ghee saute on a tawa for a minute till the dates get warm up again.
- Store kajur gond pak in an airtight container for 15-20 days or months in the refrigerator.