Recipe card for keri no chundo
- 500 gram or 2 cup grated and tightly packed raw mango
- 550 gram or 2.5 cup sugar
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 cloves and ½ inch cinnamon
- 1 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 2 tbsp kashmiri red chili powder
- Wash and peel mango very well. And grate it using a bigger size grater.
- Measure grated mango 2 cups by tightly packing into the cup and take 2.5 cup sugar with it.
- Take grated mango in a pan. Then add turmeric powder and salt in it. Mix well and let it covered and sit for 10 minutes
- After 10 minutes, mango shred has release water and slightly soften.
- Then add sugar into batches and stir till sugar dissolves.
- Repeat the same process till all sugar gets dissolved.
- The put the pan on medium-low heat and stir continuously. After 8-10 minutes you will notice that mango shred become transparent and sugar syrup has one string consistency, at that time turn off the stove.
- Let the mixture cool completely.
- Then add cloves, cinnamon, roasted cumin seeds powder, and red chilli in it. Mix well.
- Store keri no chundo or aam chunda in a clean and dry glass jar.