Khajur Pak is a winter special recipe made with dates, dry fruits, and khoya (mawa). It has almost every nutritional ingredient like almonds, cashew nuts, dates and poppy seeds, and watermelon seeds. Khajur Pak will drive you high on energy when you eat it in the morning. It not only serves as a healthy option, but it can also work as a dessert too.
If you are a beginner or making khajur pak first time then follow this method. I will share the perfect ingredient ratio and a few no-fail tips to help you to make the perfect khajur pak on the first attempt.
Khajur pak recipe | how to make khajur pak | Gujarati kajur pak
- 400 grm or 2 cup soft dates khajur
- 3 tbsp ghee
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- ½ cup chopped cashews
- ½ cup chopped pistachio
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 tbsp watermelon seeds
- ¼ cup dry coconut
- 100 grm or ½ cup mawa
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp sugar optional
- Remove seeds from dates and keep them aside.
- In a heavy bottom pan kadai, heat 3 tbsp ghee and roast ½ cup almonds, ½ cup cashew, and ½ cup pistachio. Roast on low flame until the dry fruits turn golden and crunchy.
- Then add 2 tbsp poppy seeds and 2 tbsp watermelon seeds. Roast it until they turn crunchy.
- Add ¼ cup dry coconut and roast until the coconut turns golden brown.
- Add deseeded dates and roast until the dates are well combined with nuts.
- Then add 100 grams khoya, ½ tsp cardamom powder and 1 tbsp sugar (optional).
- Mix everything and cook the mixture till it combines well and separates the sides of the pan.
- transfer the prepared mixture into a greased plate lined with baking paper and set well forming a block.
- allow setting for 1-2 hrs at room temperature or 30 in the refrigerator.
- Cut into pieces and unmold it.
- Serve khajur pak or store in an airtight container for 10-15 days or months in the refrigerator.
- Use soft and seedless kajur for kajur pak.
- Roasted dry fruit in ghee gives its crunchy taste to kajur pak.
- Roast everything on low flame.
- mawa gives good taste and binding to kajur pak.