Khandvi is a popular Gujarati farsan. It is soft gram flour rolls made with gram flour, yogurt, and regular spices. It is with flavor from green chilies, ginger, sesame tadka, and fresh coconut. Khandvi is thin layers made from the right consistency of cooking gram flour batter. In this recipe, I cook khandvi batter in a pan, which is a quick, easy, and new method to prepare instant khandvi. You can also prepare khandvi in a pressure cooker or Kadai with this perfect ratio of gram flour batter. Do try this!
- Firstly, khandvi batter is an important part of this recipe. Gram flour (besan), curd, and water ratio 1:1: 2. In my recipe I used 1 bowl besan, 1 bowl sour yogurt with 2 bowls of water.
- In this recipe, I spread a thin layer of batter on a non-stick pan and then place on another pan and cook it on high flame for 3 minutes. This method is quick and easy to prepare instant khandvi.
- Cool down khandvi batter completely and then rolls it. do not roll khandvi when it is slightly hot.
- You can stuff and garnish with fresh coconut, grated panner, or cheese for more flavors.
- Lastly, Gujarati khandvi is incomplete without tempering.
Khandvi recipe | Gujarati khandvi in 3 minute | besan khandvi | how to make khandvi
For khandvi batter
- 1 bowl Gram flour besan
- 1 bowl sour yogurt dahi
- 3 green chilli
- 1 inch ginger
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of hing
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 bowl water
- Oil for greasing
- Fresh grated coconut for stuffing
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds rai
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp white sesame seeds til
- 5-6 curry leaves
- 2 chopped green chilli
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- ½ cup grated coconut
- In a mixture jar, add green chili, ginger, gram flour (besan), curd, salt, hing, and turmeric powder. Without adding water grind it into a smooth paste.
- Add grinded mixture into a bowl, and then add 2 bowls of water and mix well. Khandvi batter is ready.
- Then in a non-stick pan, slightly grease with oil and add some khandvi batter to make it a thin layer.
- Now heat another bigger size pan on the gas. Place a khandvi batter pan on it.
- Cover and cook it on high flame for 3 minutes or till the batter is cooked and transparent. (refer to video). make all khandvi in the same way.
- Now cool down and cook khandvi completely.
- Then sprinkle some coriander leaves and cut them into 2 inches wide with a knife. Start rolling from the edges gently and make a roll. Roll it softly.
- You can also sprinkle some grated coconut and coriander leaves for stuffed khandvi.
- Place all rolls on the plate.
- To make tempering heat oil in a pan. Add ½ tsp mustard seeds, ½ tsp cumin seeds, ½ tsp white sesame seeds, 5-6 curry leaves, and 2 chopped green chilli.
- When they splutter turn off the heat. Pour tadka on the khandvi roll using a spoon evenly.
- Garnish with fresh coconut and coriander leaves. serve
- Take an equal proportion of gram flour (besan) and curd.
- water should be double the quantity of gram flour (besan).
- you can add 3 cups of buttermilk with 1 cup of gram flour (besan), but curd gives the batter result.
- cook khandvi batter on high flame for 3 minutes or till it becomes slightly transparent.
- cool down khandvi complete and then roll it. Do not roll when it is slightly hot.