Fada lapsi is a traditional Gujarati sweet made from broken wheat grain and sugar or jaggery. It is generally made at traditional Gujarati festivals or served as a dessert at the end of the meal, but not limited to, and can be served as a snack or welcome sweets to guests. This recipe contains fewer ingredients and is prepared within minutes for any occasion and celebration.
I will share the perfect ingredient ratio and a few no-fail tips to help you to make perfect fada lapsi on the first attempt. This festival season does make this wonderful Gujarati Sweet and enjoy its mouth-watering and juicy taste along with friends and family!
Lapsi recipe | how to make Gujarati fada lapsi | fada ni lapsi recipe
- ½ cup fada / daliya/ broken wheat
- ¼ cup ghee - non-melted
- ¼ cup sugar - as per your taste
- 2.5 cup water
- 2 tbsp cashew
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 2 tbsp almonds
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- Heat ghee in a cooker; add cashew, almond and raisins. Roast for a minute. Keep it aside.
- Heat water in a pan, same time adds daliya (fada) in ghee and roast till it changes its color and turns aromatic.
- When daliya turns golden brown, add hot water to it. Mix well.
- cover and pressure cook for 5 whistles or until daliya are cooked completely.
- open the cooker and add sugar and mix well making sure the sugar melts completely.
- cook for 5 minutes or till sugar is completely absorbed in daliya.
- Add cardamom powder and roasted dry fruits. Mix well.
- When ghee separates from the sides of lapsi, then it is perfectly cooked.
- finally, enjoy fada lapsi garnished with chopped nuts.
- Hot water absorb quickly in roasted daliya (fada).
- Roast daliya (fada) till it changes its color and turns aromatic.
- Pressure cook lapsi on low flame.
- lapsi is completely cooked when ghee separates from its sides.