Lauki soup is a quick, healthy soup recipe made with very less ingredients. lauki is amongst the healthiest vegetable because is high fiber and water content makes it an ideal vegetable for detox and weight loss diets. When you heard the name lauki soup, you may not want to give it a try in your kitchen. But, this soup tastes really good with very less spices added. This quick lauki soup is a great way of including lauki in meals, either as a side or the whole meal itself. Do try this!
- Choose fresh, green, and medium-thick lauki for soup.
- sautéing coriander seeds at the beginning also adds flavor to the soup
- The addition of coriander sprigs and spinach leaves really adds good flavor to the soup. Do not skip it.
- Lastly, a pinch of garam masala enhances the taste of the soup.
Lauki soup | creamy bottle gourd soup | dudhi soup
- 2 cup lauki - dudhi pieces
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp coriander seeds
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 chopped onion
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp wheat flour
- 2 +1 cup water
- ¼ cup coriander leaves with strings
- 3 palak leaves
- ¼ tsp black pepper powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala powder
- Peel and cut lauki into rough pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan, and add cumin seeds and coriander seeds. Saute for a minute.
- Then add garlic, onion, and salt. Cook till onions are translucent and pink.
- Now add whole wheat flour. Mix and cook for a minute with stirring constantly.
- add chopped lauki and mix well.
- Add water and mix well.
- Then add coriander sprigs and spinach leaves. Cover the pressure cooker with the lid, and cook it for 2 whistles on medium flame.
- Let the pressure go down by itself then open the lid and using a hand blender, make a smooth puree.
- Place the cooker again on gas and check the soup consistency. If needed, add 1 cup more water.
- Add crushed black pepper and garam masala. Mix well.
- Boil for 2 minutes and serve hot.
- roasted wheat flour gives thickness to the soup.
- in a pressure cooker, you can add more vegetables of your choice.
- adjust the amount of water depending on the consistency of the soup.
- Lauki soup tastes great when served hot and sprinkles some black pepper powder on it.