Lili dungdi na bhajiya is similar to all-time favorite onion pakoda (flitter). It is made with green onions, besan, rice flour, and regular spices. They are crispy on the outside while soft on the inside. I also share simple and spicy coriander-green chili chutney to serve with bhajiya. It is a delicious starter or evening snack and it goes great during the cold winter or rainy season with a cup of hot tea! They are quick to make and you can prepare them anytime you feel like it. Do try this!
Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
Lili dungdi na bhajiya with green chutney| how to make spring onion pakoda | hare pyaz ke pakode
For onion bhajiya
- 6 stalks of green onion or 2 cups chopped green onion
- 4 finely chopped green chili
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp ajwain
- 1 tsp dry mango powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp black salt
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp white sesame seeds
- ¾ cup besan - gram flour
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- Pinch of turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp hot oil
- Oil for deep frying
For coriander-green chili chutney
- ¼ cup chopped coriander leaves
- 3 green chili
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 medium size tomato
- Salt to taste
Making onion bhajiya
- Rinse and then chop spring onions with their green leaves.
- In a mixing bowl, add chopped spring onions, chopped green chili, grated ginger, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, ajwain, amchur powder, garam masala, black salt, salt, and white sesame seeds. Mix it well using your hand, and rub it with your fingers so flour and spices are coated with onions.
- Cover and rest it for 5 minutes.
- Now add besan, rice flour, and turmeric powder. Mix well.
- Also, add a tablespoon of hot oil to a batter and mix well.
- By adding a tablespoon of water at a time, make a very thick batter.
- Heat the oil in a pan or Kadai on medium heat for frying. When the oil is hot add a spoonful of batter to the oil.
- Fry a few pakoras at a time. Keep moving in between for even browning.
- Once get crispy and golden brown from all sides remove it onto the paper towel-lined plate using a slotted spoon.
- Serve hot with spicy green chutney.
Making Coriander-green chili chutney
- In a mixture jar, add coriander leaves, green chili, garlic, and tomatoes.
- Grind it into a coarse paste.
- Take it out into a bowl, and add salt to it. mix well.
- Serve chutney with onion bhajiya.
- cover and rest the onion with masala for 5 minutes, so the onion releases its moisture.
- The consistency of the bhajiya batter should be thick.
- take batter into your wet finger and add bhajiya batter into the hot oil.
fry bhajiya on medium heat.
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to subscribe our Youtube Channel and stay updated with our latest video recipes