Magaj ladoo is a Gujarati sweet made with coarse besan, and sugar ghee. It melts in the mouth and traditional recipe passed on by generations and is typically made during festival seasons. generally, it is made with just 3 ingredients and a topping of dry fruits. It is quick and easy to prepare and is liked by all age groups.
The roasting of besan is one of the most essential parts of this recipe, so I have shared the perfect ingredient ratio and a few no-fail tips to help you to make perfect magaj ladoo on the first attempt.
Magaj recipe | Gujarati magas ladoo recipe | besan ladoo recipe
- 1 cup coarse besan flour
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup ghee
- 2 tbsp milk
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- Garnish with an almond slice
- In a grinding jar, add 1 cup chana dal and grind into a coarse powder
- Now, add 1 cup of coarse flour of besan, 2 tbsp milk, and 2 tbsp hot oil. Mix everything with your hand.
- Cover and rest for 15 minutes. Then sieve the flour well.
- Then heat the ghee in pan on medium-low flame. Add coarse besan and sauté it with stirring continuously till the flour becomes golden brown.
- After 4-5 minutes ghee will start to ooze out from the sides.
- Sprinkle some water drops on roasted flour.
- Quickly Besan gets a slightly dark brown color and roasted very well.
- Then add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Turn off the flame and add sugar. Mix well.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Now, make ladoo from the mixture and garnish with almond slits.
- the proportion of ghee and sugar should equal half of the flour.
- roast flour on medium-low flame.
- Sprinkle water while roasting flour helps to get the darker color of flour.
- add sugar after switching off the flame.