Magaj ladoo is Gujarati sweet made with coarse besan, sugar ghee. It melts in the mouth and traditional recipes passed on by generations and is typically made during festival seasons. generally, it is made with just 3 ingredients and a topping of dry fruits. It is quick and easy to prepare and is liked by all age groups.
Roasting of besan is one of the most important parts of this recipe, so I have share the perfect ingredient ratio and few no-fail tips help you to make perfect papdi gathiya on the first attempt.
Recipe card for magas ladoo
- 1 cup coarse besan flour
- ½ cup powder sugar
- ½ cup ghee
- 2 tbsp milk
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- Garnish with almond slice
- In a grinding jar, add 1 cup chana dal and grind into a coarse powder
- Now, in a bowl add 1 cup coarse flour of besan, 2 tbsp milk, and 2 tbsp hot oil. Mix everything with your hand.
- Cover and rest for 15 minutes. Then sieve the flour well.
- Then heat the ghee in a pan on medium-low flame. Add coarse besan and sauté it with stirring continuously till the flour becomes golden brown.
- After 4-5 minutes ghee will start to ooze out from the sides.
- Sprinkle some water drops on roasted flour.
- Quickly Besan get slightly dark brown color and roasted very well.
- Then add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Turn off flame and add sugar. Mix well.
- Allow the mixture cool completely.
- Now, make ladoo from mixture and garnish with almond slits.
- proportion of ghee and sugar should be equal and half than flour.
- Tip: roast flour on medium-low flame.
- Sprinkle water while roasting flour helps to get darker color of flour.
- add sugar after switching off the flame.