Magas ladoo is a popular Gujarati sweet prepared as prasad in Swami Narayan temple, Gujarat. It is easy to make and requires only three ingredients coarse besan, ghee, and sugar. it is melted in the mouth and you will get a grainy texture in every bite because traditionally it is made with coarse besan (chickpea flour). In this recipe, I made magas ladoo into the mini size or biting size shape, which is easy to make and love by all age groups. This festival season does try this mini magas na ladoo recipe and enjoy it with your friends and family members.
- Firstly, in ladoo quantity of flour should be double than ghee and sugar. also, take an equal quantity of ghee and sugar in grams.
- roasting or besan (gram flour )is a key point to make perfect ladoo. Roast besan on low flame till it slightly changes its color and becomes aromatic. Do not roast besan on high flame otherwise, it will burn and be bitter in taste.
- Cool down roasted besan mixture at room temperature then add sugar and roll ladoo. Do not add sugar when the besan mixture is slightly hot.
- Lastly, Store magas na ladoo in an airtight container for 15 days at room temperature or 1 month in the refrigerator.
Recipe card for magas ladoo
- 2 cup or 250 grm coarse besan flour
- 1 cup or 150 grm ghee
- 1 cup or 150 grm bura sugar powder sugar
- 3 tbsp + ¼ cup milk
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- in a bowl add 2 cups coarse flour of besan, 3 tbsp slightly hot milk, and 3 tbsp ghee. Mix everything with your hand.
- Cover and rest for 15 minutes. Then sieve the flour well.
- Then heat the ghee in a pan on a low-medium flame. Add coarse besan and sauté it with stirring continuously till the flour becomes golden brown.
- After 4-5 minutes ghee will start to ooze out from the sides.
- Stir the mixture continuously till besan changes its color and becomes aromatic.
- Switch off the flame and add 4 tbsp milk gradually to the roasted besan mixture.
- Quickly Besan gets a slightly dark brown color and mawa like texture.
- Transfer roasted besan mixture to the plate.
- Then add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Then add sugar and mix well.
- Roll small size ladoo from mixture and
- Serve or Store magas na ladoo in an airtight container for 15 days at room temperature or 1 month in the refrigerator.
- the proportion of ghee and sugar should be equal and a half to flour.
- roast flour on low-medium flame.
- add some milk in roasted besan mixture helps to get the darker color of flour and mawa like texture.
- add sugar when besan mixture is completely cooled down.