Magas ladoo is a popular Gujarati sweet prepared as prasada in swami narayan temple, Gujarat. It is easy to make and requires only three ingredients coarse besan, ghee, and sugar. it is melted in the mouth and you will get a grainy texture in every bite because traditionally it is made with coarse besan (chickpea flour). In this recipe, I made magas ladoo into the mini size or biting size shape, which is easy to make and love by all age groups. This festival season does try this mini magas na ladoo recipe and enjoy it with your friends and family members.
- Firstly, in ladoo quantity of flour should be double than of ghee and sugar. also, intake equal quantities of ghee and sugar in grams.
- roasting or besan (gram flour )is a key point to making the perfect ladoo. Roast besan on low flame till it slightly changes its color and becomes aromatic. Do not roast besan on high flame otherwise, it will burn and bitter in taste.
- Cool down roasted besan mixuture at room temperature then add sugar and roll ladoo. Do not add sugar when the besan mixture is slightly hot.
- Lastly, Store magas na ladoo in airtight container for 15 days at room temperature or 1 month in the refrigerator.
Magas recipe | Gujarati magas ladoo recipe | magaj na ladoo | besan ladoo recipe
- 2 cup or 250 grm coarse besan flour
- 1 cup or 150 grm ghee
- 1 cup or 150 grm bura sugar - powder sugar
- 3 tbsp + ¼ cup milk
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- in a bowl add 2 cup coarse flour of besan, 3 tbsp slightly hot milk and 3 tbsp ghee. Mix everything with your hand.
- Cover and rest for 15 minutes. Then sieve the flour well.
- Then heat the ghee in pan on low-medium flame. Add coarse besan and sauté it with stirring continuously till the flour becomes golden brown.
- After 4-5 minutes ghee will start to ooze out from the sides.
- Stir mixture continuously till besan changes its color and become aromatic.
- Switch off the flame and add 4 tbsp milk gradually in roasted besan mixture.
- Quickly Besan get slightly dark brown color and mawa like texture.
- Transfer roasted besan mixture into plate.
- Then add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Allow the mixture cool completely.
- Then add sugar and mix well.
- Roll small size ladoo from mixture and
- Serve or Store magas na ladoo in an airtight container for 15 days at room temperature or 1 month in the refrigerator.
- the proportion of ghee and sugar should be equal and half that of flour.
- roast flour on low-medium flame.
- add some milk to the roasted besan mixture helps to get the darker color of flour and mawa-like texture.
- add sugar when the besan mixture is completely cooled down.