It is fried pancakes with crisp edges and a soft center made with jaggery and wheat flour. It is flavored with cardamom, fennel seeds, and black pepper. It is popular Rajasthani mithai, which is delicious and requires very less ingredients. It is easy to make and loved by all kinds of age groups. It’s an indulgent dessert for special occasions or festivals. Do try this quick and healthy malpua recipe, and enjoy it with friends and family.
Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
Malpua recipe | wheat flour jaggery malpua | Atte ke malpua recipe
- 3 cup water
- 1 cup jaggery
- 2 cup wheat flour
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp fennel seeds powder
- ½ tsp crushed black pepper
- Oil or ghee for frying
- Garnish with poppy seeds and pistachio slits
- In a pan, add water and jaggery and cook till the jaggery is completely melted.
- Switch off the gas and cool down the jaggery water completely.
- Sieve jaggery syrup. Whisk the mixture and add wheat flour gradually. Make a lump-free, thick, and pouring consistency of the batter.
- Add cardamom powder, fennel seeds powder, and crushed black pepper. Mix well.
- Cover and rest batter for 1 hrs so wheat flour is properly soaked.
- Heat oil in a pan; pour ladleful batter at the center of the pan. Do not spread the batter.
- Fry malpua on medium heat and once the top is cooked, flip over and cook on the other side until golden brown on both sides.
- Garnish with poppy seeds and pistachio. Serve
- cool down jaggery water completely.
- the batter should have thick and pouring consistency.
- rest the batter for at least 1 hour so the wheat flour soaked properly.
- oil temperature should be low when you add malpua batter into it.
- fry malpua on medium flame.