It is fried pancakes with crisp edges and a soft center made with jaggery and wheat flour. It is flavored with cardamom, fennel seeds, and black pepper. It is popular Rajasthani mithai, which is delicious and requires very few ingredients. It is easy to make and loved by all kinds of age groups. It’s an indulgent dessert for special occasions or festivals. Do try this quick and healthy malpua recipe, and enjoy it with friends and family.
Similar recipe collection
Recipe card for wheat flour jaggery malpuva
- 3 cup water
- 1 cup jaggery
- 2 cup wheat flour
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp fennel seeds powder
- ½ tsp crushed black pepper
- Oil or ghee for frying
- Garnish with poppy seeds and pistachio slits
- In a pan, add water and jaggery and cook till jaggery is completely melted.
- Switch off the gas and cool down jaggery water completely.
- Sieve jaggery syrup. Whisk the mixture and add wheat flour gradually. Make a lump-free, thick, and pouring consistency of batter.
- Add cardamom powder, fennel seeds powder, and crushed black pepper. Mix well.
- Cover and rest batter for 1 hrs so wheat flour is properly soaked.
- Heat oil in a pan; pour ladleful batter at the center of pan. Do not spread the batter.
- Fry malpua on medium heat and once the top is cooked, flip over and cook on the other side until golden brown on both sides.
- Garnish with poppy seeds and pistachio. Serve
- cool down jaggery water completely.
- the batter should have thick and pouring consistency.
- rest batter at least 1 hour so wheat flour soaked properly.
- oil temperature should be low when you add malpua batter into it.
- fry malpua on medium flame.