Mango rabdi is all-time favorite summer sweet. Traditionally rabdi is made by simmering milk for a long time until the milk reduces to almost half the original quantity. But in this recipe, I share a quick rabdi recipe using custard powder. I also share a few basic things which should be kept in mind while making rabdi at home and it will always turn out perfect. Here is an easy video recipe for mango rabdi.
Similar recipe collection
Here is an easy video recipe for mango rabdi
- 1 litre milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp custard powder
- ¼ cup cold milk
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- 2 ripe mangoes
- ½ cup mango pieces
- Pistachio slits
- Mango pieces
- In a heavy bottom pan, add one-liter milk. Once it comes to boil, reduce to low heat, and allow simmering. Keep stirring at regular intervals, pushing the layer of malai that forms on the top towards the sides of the vessel.
- After 5-7 minutes milk is slightly thickened. Add sugar and allow the sugar to dissolve and continue to simmer the mixture.
- Now in a bowl, add custard powder and cold milk. Mix well
- Then add custard powder mixture to rabdi and stir continuously.
- After some time rabdi mixture quickly thickens.
- Then add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Switch off the gas and scrap the sides of the pan and adding all malai to milk.
- Now chili rabdi mixture into the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Then take ripe mangoes and cut into pieces. Grind mango pieces into a mixer jar and make a puree.
- Transfer the mango puree into a chilled rabdi mixture and mix well.
- Add mango pieces and mix well.
- Garnish chilled rabdi with pistachio slits and mango pieces. Serve.
- Use a heavy bottom pan for making rabdi.
- You can use cornflour or fresh bread crumbs instead of custard powder.
- Scrap the sides of the pan and adding all malai to milk.
- Chilled rabdi into the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.