Methi bajri puri is a deep-fried snack made with bajri flour (millet), wheat flour, fenugreek leaves, and regular spices. It is a crisp and tasty snack generally prepared during the winter season to share with family and friends. It can also be a simple evening tea-time snack or a kids’ snack recipe.
I have shared a perfect ingredient ratio and a few no-fail tips to help you to make perfect and quick crispy methi bajri farsi puri on the first attempt.
Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
Methi bajri puri | crispy methi bajri puri | how to make farsi puri
- 1 cup bajri flour - millet flour
- ½ cup wheat flour
- 1 cup fresh methi - fenugreek leaves
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds
- ½ tsp ajwain - carom seeds
- ¼ tsp hing
- ¼ tsp dry mango powder
- 1 tsp powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp oil
- ½ cup or as required buttermilk
- Oil for frying
- In a bowl, add fresh methi leaves, water and salt. Soaked methi leaves for 15 minutes.
- Remove water and chopped methi leaves. Keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add bajri flour, wheat flour, salt, chopped methi leaves, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin seeds, white sesame seeds, ajwain, hing, amchur powder, sugar and oil. Mix well.
- knead a tight dough well-adding buttermilk or water as required.
- Take a plastic sheet and grease it with oil.
- Place a dough ball between the plastic sheet and flatten it with a bowl alternatively you can roll puri using a rolling pin.
- Prick all puris with a fork.
- fry the poori in medium hot oil. Alternatively, bake in preheated oven at 180-degree celsius for 15 minutes.
- fry on medium-low flame till they turn crispy and golden in colour.
- drain off the methi bajri puri over kitchen paper to absorb excess oil.
- serve methi bajri puri with chai or store in an airtight container for a month.
- To decrease the bitterness of methi, soak it in salted water for 15 minutes.
- use buttermilk (chaas) to knead the dough
- Prick-rolled pooris so it will not puff up while frying.
- Fry poories on medium-low flame.
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to subscribe our Youtube Channel and stay updated with our latest video recipes