It is a healthy and tasty winter pak recipe prepared from fenugreek seeds (methi dana), dry fruits, coconut, gond, jaggery, flour and spices. it is a popular Gujarati vasana recipe prepared especially during the winter season to provide energy, heat and warmth to our bodies. It is rich in calories and nutrients and hence ideal to serve kids and elderly people. With this easy-to-make recipe, you can make methi pak at home. Do try it this season!
Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
Methi pak recipe | how to make methi pak | methi ladoo recipe | winter special pak recipe
- 100 grm or ¾ cup methi seeds
- 200 grm or 1 cup milk to soaked methi powder
- 250 grm ghee
- 100 grm desiccated coconut
- 100 grm dry fruits - 40 grms almonds,30 grms cashews, 30 grms watermelon seeds
- 50 grm or ¼ cup gunder
- 50 grm or ½ cup coarse urad dal flour
- 50 grm or ½ cup coarse gram flour
- 50 grm or ½ cup coarse wheat flour
- 3 tsp poppy seeds
- 400 grm jaggery
- 30 grm or 4 tbsp dry ginger powder
- 30 grm or 4 tbsp batrisu powder
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- Garnish with: Almond slits - Pistachio slits, Poppy seeds
- Grind methi dana into fine powder.
- Soak methi powder with milk for 4-5 hours.
- Heat 2 tbsp ghee in a pan, add soaked methi powder and roast on low flame till it completely dry and changes its color.
- After 15-17 minutes methi powder is completely dry and changes its color. Take out methi powder into a mixing bowl.
- Now add dry coconut in a pan and roast for a minute. Add roasted coconut into a mixing bowl.
- Then roast dry fruits for a minute and grind them into a coarse powder. Then add coarse dry fruit powder into a mixing bowl.
- Add 2 tbsp ghee in a pan; add gond and fry on low flame till it completely puffs up.
- Crushed fried gond with the back side of bowl (or grind into mixture jar). Add crushed gond into the mixing bowl.
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a pan, add coarse urad dal flour and roast till it changes its color.
- In the same way heat 2 tbsp ghee in a pan, add coarse gram flour and roast till it changes its color.
- Add 3 tbsp ghee to pan, add coarse wheat flour and roast till it changes its color.
- Now in a mixing bowl, add poppy seeds and mix everything. Methi pak mixture is ready.
- Heat the remaining ghee in a pan, add jaggery, and completely melt it on low flame.
- Switch off the flame; add dry ginger powder, batrisu powder and cardamom powder. Mix well.
- Add methi pak mixture and mix well.
- Now immediately transfer the mixture into greased tray level it using spatula and sprinkle sliver of poppy seeds, pistachio and almond on the top.
- Let it cool down completely. Cut into pieces once set. Or give the authentic shape of adadiya.
- Grind methi in coarse powder.
- soaked methi into milk reduces its bitterness and makes it fluffy.
- roast all flour on low flame till it changes color.
- switch off the gas, when the jaggery is completely melted.