Methi laccha paratha is basically, a multi-layered flavored paratha made with wheat flour, dry methi leaves, and masala. the layered paratha that goes perfectly with curd or as a breakfast with pickle. Making this at home is a little time-consuming compared to the regular paratha. But of course not that tricky at all.
I will share an easy lachha paratha recipe with a perfect ingredient ratio and a few no-fail tips to help you to make the perfect layered paratha on the first attempt.
Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
Methi paratha recipe | methi lachha paratha | how to make lachha paratha
To prepare dough
- 2 cup wheat flour
- 2 tsp oil
- Salt to taste
- ¾ cup or water as required
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
For lachha paratha
- ¼ cup desi ghee
- ¼ cup dry fenugreek leaves
- 2 tbsp white sesame seeds
- Some dry wheat flour
Making the dough
- In a mixing bowl, add wheat flour, oil and salt. Add water gradually and knead the semi-soft dough for paratha.
- Cover and rest the dough for 10-15 minutes.
- Then knead again two-three times to get the smooth dough.
- In a mixing bowl, add red chilli powder, cumin powder, black pepper powder and salt. Mix well. Masala is ready.
Making lachha paratha recipe
- Divide the dough into equal portions and make smooth balls and flatten them between your palm one by one.
- Dust one disc using dry flour and roll into a 10-12 inch diameter circle. Apply 1/2 teaspoon of ghee or oil on top and sprinkle dry fenugreek leaves, white sesame seeds, masala and some dry flour.
- Now start folding and pleating all the way. Then by holding two ends, swing and tap on the board to stretch it slightly.
- Then roll into a spiral-like swiss roll. Make all the rolls similarly.
- Now dust one roll and using a rolling pin roll into 6-inch diameter circle.
- Roast the paratha on hot tawa using ghee till both sides have golden brown spots
- Once done remove it from the tawa. Now carefully, crunch it slightly using your hands to separate the layers.
For triangle layered paratha
- Take one dough ball, Coat the dough with dry flour and roll it out into round shape thick roti.
- Apply some ghee, dry fenugreek leaves, white sesame seeds, masala and dry flour on its top surface and fold it into a half circle.
- Again spread ghee, dry fenugreek leaves, white sesame seeds, masala, and dry flour on it and again fold into a triangle-shaped layered pattie.
- Coat it with dry flour and roll it out triangle paratha.
- Place it on a hot tava and cook over medium flame.
- Spread ¼ tsp ghee evenly on the surface and flip it and cook until golden brown spots appear on both sides.
- Serve layered paratha with curd.
- to prepare flaky lachha paratha use maida instead of wheat flour.
- apply semi-solid ghee on the paratha.
- use dry fenugreek leaves for paratha.
- spread some dry flour to separate the layers from each other.
- roll gently and slightly thick laccha paratha.
- roast paratha on medium flame.
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to subscribe our Youtube Channel and stay updated with our latest video recipes