Murmura fingers is a crispy and tasty snack made with murmura (puffed rice), gram flour, vegetable, and regular spices. You can serve it as a tea-time snack with tomato ketchup or green chutney. Sometimes you are tired of having the same dishes all the time. You need change. That time make this murmura fingers or stick, it is quick and easy to prepare with available ingredients in your kitchen. Do try this!
Murmura nashta recipe | murmura fingers recipe | aloo puffed rice sticks
- 2 cup murmura puffed rice
- 1 cup boiled and mashed potatoes
- ½ cup gram flour
- ¼ cup curd
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 green chilli paste
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup grated carrot
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 3 tbsp slightly crushed peanuts
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp amchur dry mango powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Some chaat masala
- Wash 2 cup murmura with some water.
- Take washed murmura into mixing bowl. Add curd into murmura and mix well.
- Cover and rest mixture for 15-20 minutes, so murmura absorbs curd easily.
- Then add boiled potatoes, gram flour (besan), ginger-garlic paste, green chilli paste, chopped onion, grated carrot, coriander leaves, white sesame seeds, crushed peanuts, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala, amchur powder and salt.
- Combine well making sure dough is formed.
- Prepare a thin and long finger (sticks) greasing hand with oil.
- Make all fingers in the same way and refrigerate it for 15-20 minutes before frying.
- Now deep fry finger (sticks) into hot oil.
- Fry on medium flame, flipping occasionally till it turns golden brown and crispy.
- Drain out murmura finger into wire rack and sprinkle some chaat masala on it.
- Serve murmura fingers with tomato sauce.
- Soaked murmura with curd, so it will easily combine with the mixture.
- Boiled potatoes and gram flour help to bind murmura sticks.
- Crushed peanuts and sesame seeds give a nutty flavor to nashta.
- Refrigerate murmura sticks for 15-20 minutes, so they will retain their shape while frying.
- Fry murmura sticks on medium flame.