Papad nu shak is a very easy and quick sabzi recipe made with papad, tomatoes, and regular spices. If you run out of vegetables, you can make this papad ki sabzi as it does not require any vegetables. The best part is that this no-fuss recipe is made with ingredients that you are sure to have at home. It is easy to make and taste great with roti and plain rice. Do try this easy papad sabzi.
Similar recipe collection(Roti)
Recipe card for papad ki sabzi
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- Pinch of hing
- 2 dry red chilli
- 2 chopped green chilli
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 cup or 2 medium size tomato purees
- Salt to taste
- 2 urad dal papad
- 2 tbsp curd
- 1 tsp kasuri methi
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 cup water
- Some coriander leaves
- In a pan, add oil, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, hing, and dry red chili. Sauté for a minute.
- Add chopped green chili, ginger, and sauté for a minute.
- Now in a bowl, add some water, turmeric powder, coriander powder, and red chili powder. Mix well and add masala paste into oil.
- Cook masala till oil is separated from its sides.
- Then add tomato puree and salt. Cook till oil separates from its sides.
- Meanwhile, roast urad dal papad on medium heat and cut it into medium size pieces.
- When tomato gravy is properly cooked and release oil from its side, then add curd to it.
- stir continuously on low flame till the curd combines well.
- stir well keeping the flame on low else there is a chance for the curd to curdle.
- Then add kasuri methi and garam masala. mix well.
- Add 1 cup of water and bring it to boil.
- At the time of serving add papad pieces and mix well.
- simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve papad ki sabzi with chapati or rice.
- masala paste gives flavor and nice color to the sabzi.
- roast papad before adding it into sabzi.
- curd gives a creamy texture to the sabzi.
- add papad, when you serve the sabzi.