Peanut barfi is a very less ingredient sweet made from Peanuts and sugar which is flavored with cardamom powder. in this recipe, I have made 2 layers of barfi, I add a chocolate biscuit layer on the peanut layer to make it more attractive and flavorful. It is very simple and can be prepared within 20 minutes without much hassle. You can serve it on festivals and special occasions. Enjoy its melt-in-mouth taste along with friends and family!
- Firstly, Peanut and sugar proportion should be 2:1, which means sugar should be half that of peanut powder.
- I add some milk powder to give a rich flavor to the barfi. You can add cashew powder or any dry fruit powder instead of it.
- Sugar syrup should have one string consistency for burfi. Also, cool down the cooked sugar syrup slightly before adding the peanut powder mixed into it.
- When the barfi mixture leaves the sides of the pan then switch off the flame, do not overcook the mixture otherwise barfi will become hard.
- I made a chocolate layer with cream chocolate biscuit powder and milk. You can use any chocolate biscuit for this layer.
- lastly, store this barfi in an airtight for longer shelf life up to 1 week at room temperature and 15 days in the refrigerator.
Peanut barfi | chocolate peanut barfi | how to make peanut barfi | barfi recipe
For peanut layer
- 2 cup peanuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp milk powder
- ½ cup water
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp ghee
For chocolate layer
- 12-14 chocolate cream biscuit
- 2-3 tbsp milk or as required to bind mixture.
- In a pan, add 2 cups of peanut and dry roast it on low flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and remove the cover of peanuts by rubbing your hand.
- Now grind peanuts in a mixture jar with pulse grinding.
- Then Sieve peanut powder and add 3 tbsp milk powder. Mix well.
- In a heavy bottom pan, add 1 cup sugar and ½ cup water. Bring it to boil and cook till sugar syrup till it reaches 1 string consistency.
- Then add some cardamom powder and mix well.
- Switch off the gas and cool down the cooked sugar syrup slightly.
- Then add peanut powder and mix well.
- Switch on gas and cook mixture on low flame.
- Add 1 tsp ghee and mix well.
- When the mixture leaves the sides of the pan, then switch off the flame. do not overcook the barfi mixture.
- Set barfi mixture into greased plate or thali.
- For the chocolate layer, in a mixture jar, add chocolate biscuit and grind it into fine powder.
- add grinded powder into the mixing bowl. Now add milk gradually and bind the mixture into dough.
- Place mixture on place sheet and roll it into a thin chocolate layer.
- Place roll layer on peanut layer and press it slightly.
- Now set the barfi mixture at room-temperature for 4-5 hrs or till it is completely dry.
- Garnish barfi with silver vrak and Cut it into pieces.
- Serve or store barfi in an air-tight container for a week at room temperature or 15 days in the refrigerator.
- The proportion of sugar should be half that of peanuts.
- Roast peanut on low-medium flame. Do not roast it on high flame.
- Sieve grinded peanut powder for an even mixture.
- Milk powder enhances the taste of barfi.
- Cook sugar till it reaches 1 string consistency.
- Add milk gradually into biscuit powder till it binds into a dough.
- When the peanut layer is slightly hot, press the chocolate layer sheet on it.
- store barfi in an air-tight container for a week at room temperature or 15 days in the refrigerator.