Peanut cashew barfi is a very less ingredient sweet made from Peanuts, cashews, and sugar which is flavored with cardamom powder. It is very simple and can be prepared within 15 minutes without much hassle. You can serve this vrat, upvas or on festivals and special occasions. Enjoy its melt-in-mouth taste along with friends and family!
The key to making perfect peanut cashew barfi at home are:
- Cashews give burfi a good taste, but you can make barfi with dry fruit powder or only peanuts.
- Peanut-cashew and sugar proportion should be 2:1, which means sugar should be half than peanut-cashew powder.
- Sugar syrup should have one string consistency for burfi.
- When the barfi mixture leaves the sides of the pan then switch off the flame, do not overcook the mixture otherwise barfi will become hard.
Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
Recipe card for peanut cashew burfi
- 1.5 cup or 200 peanuts
- ½ cup cashews
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp ghee
- Varakh for garnishing
- In a pan, add 1.5 cup peanut and dry roast it on low flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and remove the cover of peanuts with a kitchen towel.
- Now grind peanuts and cashews in a mixture jar with pulse grinding.
- Then Sieve peanut-cashew powder.
- In a heavy bottom pan, add 1 cup sugar and ½ cup water. Bring it to a boil and cook till sugar syrup reaches 1 string consistency.
- Add peanut-cashew powder and mix well.
- When the barfi mixture is slightly thick, then add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Now add 1 tbsp ghee and mix well.
- When the mixture leaves the sides of the pan, then switch off the flame. do not overcook the barfi mixture.
- Set barfi mixture into greased plate or thali and allow it to cool for 2-3 hours at room temperature.
- Garnish barfi with silver vrak and Cut it into pieces.
- Serve or store barfi into an air-tight container for a week at room temperature or 15 days into the refrigerator.
- roast peanuts on medium-low flame.
- Grind peanuts and cashew on pulses so oil is not resale while grinding it.
- ghee gives shine and smoothness to burfi
- store barfi into an air-tight container for a week at room temperature or 15 days into the refrigerator.