Poha sticks are crispy and tasty snacks made with poha, semolina (sooji), and regular spices. You can serve it as a tea-time snack with tomato ketchup. Sevai machine is used to prepare poha sticks at home. I recommend using star shape mold to make poha sticks. But in case, if you do not have sevai machine then with your hand make long strips of dough and cut them into equal sizes.
It is crispy, crunchy, and liked by all age groups. It also has a very long shelf life and can be stored it in an airtight container for months. Do try this!
Poha sticks recipe | how to make poha fingers| easy poha snacks
- 2 cup water
- 1 cup fine rava
- 2 cup poha
- 1 tbsp ghee
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of hing
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp white sesame seeds
- ½ water to knead dough or as required
- Oil for deep frying
- Chaat masala
- In a pan, add 2 cup water and bring it to a boil.
- Add rava gradually and cook till rava absorb water and form into dough.
- Add ghee and mix well with rava. Cover rava for 2-3 minutes.
- Now, in a mixture jar, add poha and grind it into fine powder.
- Then in a mixing bowl, add poha powder, rava, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt, hing, cumin seeds and white sesame seeds. Mix well
- Add slightly hot water gradually and make a semi-soft and smooth dough.
- Now divide dough into two equal parts and make a cylindrical shape out of the dough.
- Then take star mould and fix it to the chakli maker. Grease the chakli maker with some oil. this prevents the dough from sticking to mould.
- add dough into the grease chakli maker and close the lid.
- Then tighten the lid and start preparing poha sticks on the grease surface.
- Heat oil in a pan, and add poha sticks to the hot oil.
- flip the sticks and fry them on medium flame till they turn crispy from both sides.
- Furthermore, drain over a plate to remove excess oil.
- Sprinkle some chaat masala on the top of fried poha sticks.
- Once all poha sticks are cooled enjoy them or store them in an airtight container for 15 days.
- use fine rava for making poha stick.
- ghee gives softness to poha sticks.
- for soft and smooth dough, knead it for 2-3 minutes.
- fry poha stick on medium flame.