Homemade potato smiley is a quick and all-time kids’ favorite snack recipe. It is an easy-to-make recipe made with potatoes, corn flour, and bread crumbs. it is loved by people of all age groups especially due to its crunchy, savory taste and obviously due is pleasant shape. Pair these delicious potato smileys with some tomato sauce and is ideal for occasions like birthdays or evening snacks.
Potato smiley recipe | Homemade potato smiley recipe | How to make potato smiley
- 4 medium size potatoes
- 2 cup mashed potatoes
- 2 slice bread
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- ¼ cup corn flour
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Boil and grate 4 medium-sized potatoes.
- Grind 2 bread slices in a mixer jar. Now on medium heat dry roast fresh bread crumbs till it become crispy.
- Then add dry bread crumbs, cornflour, red chilli powder, black pepper powder and salt to the grated potato mixture. Mix well and form dough without adding water to the dough. Rest the dough for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Grease the plastic sheet and roll the dough. Then with a sharp edge of the lid press it down to cut circles.
- Then with a straw make 2 holes for the eyes and with the edge of a spoon make a cure for the beautiful smile.
- Again roll the leftover dough and make more smiles.
- Rest all smiles into the refrigerator for 2 hrs.
- Now heat oil in a pan, and add smiley one by one and fry until crispy and golden.
- Enjoy crispy and delicious smiley with a smile.
- Completely cool down boiled potatoes. So potatoes are dry and have no moisture in them.
- Use only dry bread crumbs, never use fresh bread crumbs in the dough.
- Corn flour gives crispiness to fried potato smiley.
- Freezer potato smileys for 2 hrs before you fry it.
- Store potato smiley in airtight bag for the container.