Pudla is a savory pancake made using jowar, wheat, and gram flour. It is a great dish to serve for breakfast or keep for a tiffin box. It is quick and easy to prepare in under 15 minutes. It is very healthy as well, as it is protein-packed and gluten-free. I share sweet and sour tomato garlic chutney with pudla which is easy and loved by all kinds of age groups. Do give this one a try!
Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
pudla recipe | Jowar pudla recipe | tomato garlic chutney recipe | how to make jowar chilla
For pudla batter
- ½ cup jowar flour
- 2 tbsp wheat flour
- 2 tbsp gram flour - besan
- 1 tbsp curd
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 chopped green chilli
- ¼ cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1 +1/4 cup water or as required
- Oil for making pudla
For tomato garlic chutney
- 6 medium size chopped tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 medium size chopped onion
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 2 dry red chilli
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 2 drops of vinegar
Making jowar pudla
- In a motor pestal, add cumin seeds, garlic, ginger and green chilli. Make a coarse paste.
- Now in a mixing bowl, add jowar flour, wheat flour, gram flour (besan), curd, ginger-garlic-green chilli paste, salt, turmeric powder and chopped coriander leaves.
- Add water gradually and make a medium thick and flowing consistency of the batter.
- Heat tawa and spread oil on it.
- Add a ladleful of batter on tawa and slightly spread it.
- Flip and Cook the pudla on medium flame till it is crisp from both sides.
- Serve immediately with hot pudla with chutney.
Making tomato garlic chutney
- Heat oil in pan; add mustard seed and dry red chilli. Allow it to crackle.
- Add chopped garlic and onion. Sauté till onion become translucent.
- Add chopped tomatoes and salt. Cover the pan and cook tomatoes for 15 minutes on medium-low flame or till they become soft and mushy.
- Then add red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and sugar. Mix well.
- Tomato garlic chutney is ready. Store chutney in an air-tight glass bottle.
- The ratio of wheat flour and besan should be equal in pudla batter.
- pudla batter has a medium thick and flowing consistency.
- Heat oil on tawa before spreading pudla batter.
- cook pudla on medium-low flame.
- cover and cook tomatoes till they become soft and mushy.
- sugar balances the tanginess of tomatoes and gives a sweet taste to the chutney.
- store chutney in sterilized glass bottles.