It is a unique and crunchy cutlet recipe made with potatoes, rava, and mixed vegetables coated with bread crumbs for a crispy outer layer. They are crispy on the outside while soft on the inside. I also share a restaurant-style coriander curd chutney recipe to serve with cutlet. You can serve it as a tea-time snack or a party starter which kids and all age groups appreciate. It is quick and easy to prepare with easily available ingredients. Do try this!
The key to making crispy rava cutlet at home are
- Firstly, I made cutlet mixture with rava and potatoes. Potatoes give a creamy and smooth texture and rava gives crispiness to cutlet. You can also add vegetables of your choice to make them more nutritious.
- Bread crumbs coating provides a crisp and hard texture, which would hold the shape of cutlet while deep frying. however, instead of bread crumbs, you may use vermicelli for a crunchy texture
- Lastly, fry cutlet on medium flame till it becomes crisp, you can also shallow fry it in pan. You can try any method while making cutlet.
Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
Rava cutlet recipe | suji cutlet recipe | veg sooji cutlet recipe
- 200 grm or 1 big size potatoes
- 1 cup rava
- 2 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp green chilli paste
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- ¼ cup finely chopped capsicum
- ¼ cup finely chopped carrot
- ¼ cup green peas
- 1.5 cup water
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Some coriander leaves
- Oil for frying
For outer coating
- 4 tbsp maida
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- ½ cup water
- Some bread crumbs
For coriander curd chutney
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- 2 green chilli
- 1 inch ginger
- ¼ tsp cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp roasted chana dal
- 4 tbsp yogurt
- Water to grind chutney
- Grate potatoes with a small hole grater. Wash grated potatoes to remove their starch.
- Remove water from grated potatoes and keep it aside.
- Now in a pan, add 2 tbsp oil, jeera and white sesame seeds. Saute it.
- Add chopped onion, green chilli paste and ginger paste. saute till the onion become translucent.
- Add grated potatoes and saute them for 2 minutes.
- Then add chopped capsicum, carrot and green peas. Saute it.
- Now add 1.5 cup water to the pan. Mix well and bring it to a boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add black pepper powder, salt, red chilli flakes and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Now add rava gradually and mix well. Rava easily puff up into hot water.
- Then stir continuously till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan and binds into a dough form.
- Add coriander leaves and mix well.
- Take out cooked mixture into mixing bowl and slightly cool down.
- Grease your hand with oil and knead the mixture into a smooth dough.
- Again, grease your hands with oil and now pinch a ball-sized dough. roll the round shape or heart shape cutlet. keep aside.
- To prepare the slurry, in a small bowl take maida, corn flour, salt, and black pepper. Gradually add water to prepare a smooth lump-free batter.
- now dip the shaped cutlet mixture into a slurry and then roll in bread crumbs.
- freeze the cutlet for 10-15 minutes before frying.
- deep fry in hot oil, keeping the flame on medium. stir occasionally, without breaking the cutlets.
- fry until the cutlets turn golden brown and crisp.
- drain off the cutlet over the wire rack to remove excess oil.
- Serve crispy cutlet with coriander yogurt chutney.
Making coriander curd chutney
- In a mixture jar, add coriander leaves, mint leaves, green chilli, ginger, cumin seeds, salt, roasted chana dal and yogurt. Grind it into smooth paste.
- Serve chutney with crispy cutlet
- Potato gives a creamy texture and softness to cutlet.
- Grate potatoes with a small hole grater.
- Wash grated potatoes to remove their starch content.
- Chop vegetables finely so they will easily cook and merge into cutlet mixture.
- The proportion of grated potatoes and rava should be equal.
- Rava easily puff up into boiling water.
- Cook cutlet mixture till it leaves the sides of pan and has no moisture in it.
- Fry cutlet on medium flame.
- Rava cutlet tastes great when it is served hot with coriander chutney.
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to subscribe our Youtube Channel and stay updated with our latest video recipes