Rava ladoo is an easy sweet recipe prepared with basic ingredients like rava, sugar, and ghee. It is an ideal sweet for the celebration of many festivals and occasions. I share an authentic gujarati style rava ladoo recipe, which involves making ladoo muthiya. So I made muthiya in two ways with frying and without frying. both methods are easy to make rava ladoo.
Do try this easy rava ladoo recipe with a perfect ingredient ratio and few no-fail tips that help you to make delicious ladoo on the first attempt.
The key to making delicious rava na ladoo at home are:
- Use fine rava for making ladoo. If you have don’t have coarse rava or sooji at home then grind it for making ladoo.
- Use a 2:1 ratio of flour and sugar for making ladoo. But you can use sugar according to your taste.
- Cook muthiya or bhakhari on low-medium heat. So they are become crispy properly cooked from inside.
- Sieve grinded muthiya mixture for perfect ladoo mixture
- Lastly, add ladoo mixture into hot ghee give melt in the mouth texture of it.
Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
Recipe card for sooji ladoo
- 300 grm or 2 cup fine rava/semolina/sooji
- 4 tbsp oil
- ½ cup hot water
- Oil for deep frying muthiya
- 150 grm or 1 cup sugar powder
- ¾ cup hot ghee
- ¼ cup chopped almonds
- 3 tbsp chopped pistachio
- 2 tbsp raisins
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- In a bowl, take rava and add oil/ghee in it.
- Mix and rub the oil and the flour together.
- Add warm water gradually and knead tight dough.
- Divide and shape the dough in cylinders muthiya.
- Now heat the oil pan, fry the muthia till they are nice light brown in color.
- Also from muthiya dough roll bhakhari with a medium thickness.
- Roast bhakhari on low-medium flame. apply some ghee and roast till it becomes crispy from both sides.
- Allow them to cool and grind them finely.
- Sieve the grinded muthiya mixture.
- Now heat ghee in a pan, add chopped almond, pistachio, and raisins. Roast for 2 minutes or till it becomes slightly brown. Keep it aside.
- In the same pan heat ghee.
- When ghee is heat properly, switch off the gas and add rava and sugar mixture, roasted dry fruits, and cardamom powder. Mix well.
- Now with the hand make a round shape to ladoo.
- Serve and store ladoo into air-tight container 5-6 days at room temperature.
- Rub oil/ghee with flour and the proportion of oil should bind flour together in your hand.
- Fry muthiya on low-medium heat.
- sieve grinded muthiya mixture for perfect ladoo mixture.
- addition of hot ghee gives melt in the mouth texture of ladoo.