Sabudana chivda is a crispy and crunchy snack made with nylon sabudana, peanuts, mixed nuts, and spices. It is a flavorful namkeen that is enjoyed during religious festivals such as Navratri, Shivratri, or any other Hindu fasting days. In this recipe, I share how to make homemade nylon sabudana, which can be stored and prepared in a slightly different way. Do give it a try!
Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
Sabudana chivda recipe | sabudana namkeen recipe | sabudana chivda with homemade nylon sabudana | farali chivda
For nylon sabudana
- 1 cup sabudana
- 2 + ½ cup water
- Salt to taste
For sabudana chivda
- 150 grm prepared nylon sabudana
- ½ cup peanuts
- ¼ cup cashews
- ½ cup coconut slices
- 3 chopped green chilli
- Some curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp sugar
Making nylon sabudana
- In a mixing bowl, add sabudana and wash it.
- Add ½ cup water and soak sabudana for 5-6 hrs.
- Now add 1 cup hot water into soaked sabudana and rest it for 10-15 minutes.
- Then mash sabudana slightly with hand.
- Now add sabudana mixture into pressure cooker and add 1 cup water. Mix well.
- Cover the lid and pressure cook mixture on high flame for 1 whistle.
- When pressure cooker release it pressure, open the lid and cool down cooked mixture slightly. Do not cool down it completely.
- Then add mixture into piping bag and make small size nylon sabudana on plastic sheet. (refer video)
- Sun dry nylon sabudana for a 1 day or till it become crispy. Store it into air-tight container.
Making sabudana chivda
- Heat oil on high flame, add nylon sabudana and it will immediately puff up. Take out into mixing bowl and fry another into same way.
- Now in a sieve add peanut and fry it.
- Then add cashews and dry coconut till it become slightly brown.
- Then fry chopped green chilli and curry leaves.
- Add everything into fried sabudana.
- Then add salt and sugar. Mix well.
- Sabudana chivda is ready. Serve or store it into air-tight container.
- Do not more water while soaking sabudana
- Mash soaked sabudana slightly so it will easily bind into mixture.
- Fry nylon sabudana on high flame, so it will easily puff up.
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to subscribe our Youtube Channel and stay updated with our latest video recipes