Peanut pancakes are a healthy and tasty snack made with peanut, raw rice, vegetable, and regular spices. You can serve it as a tea-time snack with tomato ketchup or green chutney. This recipe is easy and instantly prepared in 15 minutes without any fermentation. Do try this healthy singdana nashta and served for breakfast or can even be packed in your child’s lunch box. Do try this!
Recipe card for singdana nashta
- ½ cup peanuts singdana
- 1 cup raw rice
- ¼ cup curd
- ½ cup water or as required
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- 2 chopped green chili paste
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup grated carrot
- ¼ cup chopped capsicum
- 4-5 chopped curry leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of hing
- ½ tsp red chili flakes
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp lemon juice
- Soak peanuts and rice into slightly warm water for 2-3 hrs
- Drain water from soaked rice and peanuts and take it into the mixture jar.
- Also, add curd and ½ cup water and grind it into smooth paste.
- Take out batter into mixing bowl, then add ginger paste, chopped green chili, chopped onion, chopped tomatoes, grated carrot, chopped capsicum, chopped curry leaves, some coriander leaves, salt, hing, and red chili flakes. Mix well.
- Add baking soda and lemon juice. Mix well.
- making pancakes
- heat a pan, spread some oil on it.
- add a ladleful of batter and spread it evenly.
- cook for 5 minutes on medium flame or until the base is cooked well.
- flip over and cook both sides.
- Enjoy peanut pancakes with tomato sauce or chutney.
- The proportion of rice should be double that peanut.
- the batter should have medium-thick and flowing consistency.
- baking soda gives fluffiness to nashta.
- cook nashta on low-medium flame.