Stuffed besan pudla is a tasty flavored sandwich pancakes recipe made with besan flour, potato stuffing, and regular spices. It is a quick and simple recipe that you can make for evening snacks or breakfast. This recipe also has potato stuffing which makes it tasty and filling as well. these pancake sandwiches are savory in taste and do not need any side dish, but taste great with tomato ketchup and green chutney. Do try this!
The key to making a perfect stuffed besan chilla sandwich at home are
- the batter plays a critical role in it. the batter has to be neither thick nor thin and has to be medium thick and coating consistency.
- Making potato stuffing is completely open-ended and you can make it as per your preference.
- Cook stuffed besan chilla sandwich on medium-low flame, so it will cook from both sides.
Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
Stuffed besan pudla | potato stuffed besan chilla sandwich recipe | besan pancake sandwich
For besan chilla batter
- 2 cup gram flour - besan
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp carom seeds - ajwain
- ½ tsp red chilli flakes
- Salt to taste
- 1.25 cup water or as required
- Oil for making chilla sandwich
For potato stuffing
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp jeera
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp green chilli paste
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 2 cup or 4 medium sizes boiled and mashed potatoes
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp garam masala
- Pinch of black salt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ½ cup coriander leaves
Making besan chilla batter
- In a mixing bowl, add besan, turmeric powder, salt, red chilli flakes, ajwain and required or 1.25 cup water to make a medium thick batter.
- Whisk the batter in one direction so air incorporates into the batter and makes a soft and fluffy pudla.
- Cover and rest batter for 15-20 minutes.
Making potato stuffing
- In a pan, add oil, jeera, ginger-garlic paste and green chilli paste. Sauté for a minute.
- Add onion and cook till onion becomes translucent.
- Lower the flame and add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and cumin powder. Mix well.
- Now add boiled and mashed potatoes and salt. Mix well.
- Then add garam masala, black salt, lemon juice and coriander leaves. Mix well.
- The potato stuffing is ready.
- Cool down the mixture completely and make round and slightly thin tikki from the stuffing. Keep it aside.
Making besan chilla sandwich
- Heat the tawa, grease with oil and lower the flame.
- add chilla batter and spread it slightly in a circular motion.
- Add oil to the sides of chilla and cook it evenly from both sides.
- Then place potato stuffing tikki in the center of chilla.
- Cover the tikki with besan batter.
- Flip it. Cover and cook it on medium-low flame till it is slightly golden brown from both sides.
- Serve besan chilla sandwich with tomato ketchup or green chutney.
- whisk batter in one direction so air incorporates into the batter and chilla becomes soft and fluffy.
- chilla batter has a medium thick and pouring consistency.
- rest batter for 20 minutes so gram flour (besan) soaks properly.
spread chilla on low flame.
- cook the first layer of chilla on both sides and then place potato tikki on it.
- cover and cook the second layer of chilla on medium-low flame.
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to subscribe our Youtube Channel and stay updated with our latest video recipes