Thuli is a traditional Gujarati recipe made with broken wheat, vegetables and dry spices. it is an easy, tasty, and more importantly healthy meal. it is an ideal morning breakfast meal or can also be served for lite lunch and dinner with curd and pickle with it. Do try this!
- Firstly, thuli is made with ghau na fada or daliya, which is a good source of nutrition and a healthy diet for weight loss.
- I made savory version of thuli. You can also make sweet thuli with jaggery and ghee. Sweet thuli also called as surti lapsi.
- in this recipe, I have used vegetables like carrots, peas, potatoes, and tomato. You can add vegetables of your choice to make thuli nutritious.
- Lastly, thuli tastes great when served hot.
Thuli recipe | Gujarati thuli | namkeen daliya recipe | how to make mix veg daliya
- 1 cup broken wheat daliya /ghau na fada
- 3 cup water
- 2 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- Pinch of hing
- Some curry leaves
- 1 tbsp peanuts
- 2 chopped green chilli
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium size chopped tomatoes
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- ¼ cup chopped potatoes
- ¼ cup chopped green beans
- ¼ cup green peas
- ¼ cup chopped carrot
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Some coriander leaves
- In a pan, add daliya or ghau na fada and dry roast till it is slightly golden brown.
- Takeout roasted daliya in a plate.
- Now add 3 cup water and salt in a bowl. Keep the gas flame high and bring it to boil.
- Add roasted daliya into boiling water and switch off the gas. Cover and rest daliya for 30 minutes.
- Daliya absorb water and completely puff up.
- Now in a pan, add oil, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, pinch of hing and some curry leaves. sauté it.
- Then add peanuts, chopped green chilli and ginger paste. Sauté till peanuts turns slightly golden brown.
- Now add chopped onion and sauté till it become slightly transparent.
- Then add chopped tomatoes and salt. sauté till tomato become soft.
- Then add turmeric powder and red chilli powder. Mix well.
- Now add chopped potatoes, green beans, green peas and carrot. Sprinkle some water and cover and cook vegetable till it become slightly soft.
- Then add boiled daliya and mix well. Cover and cook for 5 minutes on medium-low flame so masala flavor absorb in it.
- Now add garam masala, lemon juice and some coriander leaves. mix well.
- Thuli is ready. Serve it with curd and pickle.
- roast daliya (fada) till it changes its color and turns aromatic.
- hot water absorbs quickly in roasted daliya (fada).
- roasted daliya completely absorb hot water and become soft.
- cover and cook thuli on medium-low flame so it absorbs all flavors from the masala.