It is very easy chikki recipe made from only 2 ingredient til and Gud. It is made during winters as it is known to give warmth to the body and is also very tasty. If you are beginner or making chikki first time then with this easy to make recipe you can make crispy and soft til chikki on first attempt. Do try it this season!
Til chikki recipe | how to make til Gud papad | crispy til Gud chikki recipe
- 200 gram or 2 cup white sesame seeds
- 200 grams or 2 cup chopped jaggery
- 2 tsp ghee
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- in a pan dry roast 1 cup sesame on low flame till it splutters. Keep it aside.
- Now in a same pan, add 2 tsp ghee and add 2 cup jaggery.
- keep stirring on medium flame till the jaggery melts completely.
- boil the jaggery syrup on low flame till the syrup turns glossy and thickens.
- check the consistency, by dropping syrup into a bowl of water, it should form hard ball. Cook syrup for 1 minutes for its darker colour.
- Switch off the gas, and add cardamom powder and roasted sesame seeds.
- stir well making sure jaggery syrup coats well. Then immediately pour the mixture over butter paper or onto steel plate greased with ghee. be quick else the mixture turns hard and will be difficult to set.
- get together forming a block, and then roll chikki with rolling pin.
- when its still warm cut into pieces. Then cool down chikki for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve til chikki, or store in a airtight container and serve for a month.
- proportion of til and gud should be equal in grams.
- dry roast til on medium flame.
- ghee gives shine and softness to chikki.
- cook jaggery till it changes its color.
- switch off the gas while mixing jaggery and til.
- roll and cut chikki while its mixture is slightly hot.