Vegetable poha is an all-time favorite breakfast recipe made of flat-beaten rice, vegetable, and regular spices. It is a perfect balance of taste and nutrition. I add different vegetables and masala to make poha healthier and tasty. It is also an excellent light yet stomach-filling food item to pack in the lunch box. Poha tastes best when served with tea for the breakfast. Do try this!
- Firstly, use thick or medium-sized poha. Do not use thin poha for the recipe.
- I soak poha only for 2 minutes in hot water, which give them a perfect yellow color. But you can just rinse the poha in water to remove the dust.
- I used different types of vegetables and masala to make poha healthier and tasty. You can use vegetables of your choice.
- Fried peanuts and ratlami sev give a nice crunch and taste to poha. You can also use chivda or aloo sev instead of it.
- Poha has a slightly longer shelf life and can be used the next day. if you want to reheat the poha then steam it for 3 minutes or microwave.
- Finally,vegetable poha tastes great when poha is soft and fluffy yet non-sticky.
Vegetable Poha | Mixed vegetable poha | veg poha recipe
- 2 cup poha
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 3 cup hot water
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp peanuts
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 6-7 curry leaves
- 2-3 chopped green chilli
- 1 tsp ginger
- 3 tbsp chopped carrot
- 3 tbsp chopped capsicum
- 3 tbsp green peas
- 1 medium size or 3/4 cup chopped potatoes
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ½ cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Ratlami sev
- Pomegranate seeds
- sieve poha and soak it only for 2 minutes in hot water with turmeric powder.
- Sieve water from poha and dry them completely.
- Then add salt and sugar into soaked poha and mix well.
- Now in a pan, add oil and peanuts. Fry peanuts till it slightly brown. Keep it aside.
- In the same pan, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves, chopped green chilli and ginger paste. Sauté for a minute.
- Then add chopped carrot, capsicum, green peas and chopped potatoes. add salt and mix vegetable into oil.
- Now sprinkle some water on vegetable. Cover and cook vegetable on low flame till it become slightly soft.
- Then add chopped onion and chopped tomates. Mix well and cook them on high flame till it become slightly soft.
- Now add red chilli powder garam masala. mix well.
- Add soaked poha, some coriander leaves, lemon juice and roasted peanuts. mix well. Poha is ready
- To serve vegetable poha and top it with ratlami sev and pomegranate seeds.
- addition of turmeric powder while soaking poha gives nice flavor and color to poha.
- do not soak poha more than 2 minutes.
- dry poha minimum 15 minutes, so each granulates of poha is separate.
- sugar gives nice flavor to poha.
- mix poha gently with masala and vegetables.
- poha taste great when it is serve hot.