New style aloo tikki chaat is quick and tasty chaat recipe mainly prepared from small size potatoes (or potato pieces) with chaat chutneys and spices. In this recipe, I made potato patties or aloo tikki not in the traditional way. But just slightly mash boiled potatoes and fry them, and then coat them into the masala and served them with a choice of chutney. These Crispy golden potato fritters are loved by all kinds of age groups. Do try this!
- Firstly, I used baby potatoes for this recipe, but you can also use bigger size potato pieces instead of it.
- Make sure to fry potatoes on medium flame, else the aloo will not turn crunchy.
- I toss fried tikki into masala to make it more flavorful, but if you prefer to have mild or less spicy aloo, you can reduce the amount of spices according to your taste.
- Aloo tikki chaat tastes great when prepared crispy and spicy.
Aloo tikki chaat | instant aloo tikki chaat | aloo chaat recipe
For aloo tikki
- 10-11 small size potatoes
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp arrowroot tapkir powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Oil for frying
- 1 tsp butter
- ½ tsp oil
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp dry mango powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper powder
For khatti-meethi amchur chutney
- 1 tbsp dry mango amchur powder
- ½ tsp black salt
- ½ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- ½ tsp roasted cumin powder
- ½ tsp chaat masala
- ¼ cup jaggery
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp arrowroot tapkir powder + water mixture
- 1 tsp watermelon seeds optional
For green chutney
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 green chilli
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp roasted chana dal
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup cold water
For assembling aloo tikki chaat
- Fried masala aloo tikki
- Hung curd
- Green chutney
- Date-tamarind chutney
- Chopped tomatoes
- Chopped onion
- Chaat masala
- Coriander leaves
- Pomegranate seeds
Making aloo tikki
- Wash and boil small size potatoes in a pressure cooker. Remove its skin and cool down completely.
- Now press boiled potatoes slightly with a bowl or hand and gave a tikki shape to them. make sure the aloo is intact.
- Then add arrowroot powder, salt and black pepper to potatoes tikki and toss it. potato tikki is coated with it.
- Heat oil in a pan, add potato tikki and fry it on medium flame until the aloo tikki turns golden brown and crisp.
- drain off the aloo tikki on the wire rack to remove excess oil. keep aside.
- to prepare the masala, heat 1 tsp butter and ½ tsp oil.
- then add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, amchur powder, cumin powder and black pepper. saute on low flame until the spices turn aromatic.
- now add in fried aloo tikki and mix gently.
- Quick and instant aloo tikki is ready
Making green chutney
- In a mixing jar, add green coriander leaves, mint leaves, green chilli, ginger, garlic, cumin seeds, chaat masala, lemon juice, sugar, roasted chana dal, salt and cold water.
- grind it into a smooth paste.
- Green chutney is ready.
Making khatti-meethi amchur chutney
- In a pan, add amchur powder, black salt, red chilli powder, roasted cumin powder, chaat masala, jaggery and water. mix well.
- Place pan on gas and cook till jaggery is completely dissolved.
- Now in a bowl, add arrowroot (tapkir) powder and water. mix well and add mixture gradually into chutney.
- Immediately chutney starts thickness. Switch off the gas.
- Take chutney into a bowl and add watermelon seeds to it.
- Khatti-meethi chutney is ready.
Making aloo tikki chaat.
- Take an aloo tikki on a plate.
- Then topped it with sweet hung curd, green chutney, date-tamarind chutney, chopped tomatoes, chopped onion, masala, sev, coriander leaves and pomegranate seed.
- Serve immediately.
- press boiled potato slightly and make tikki from it.
- to coat aloo tikki, you can use corn flour or rice flour instead of arrowroot (tapkir) flour.
- fry tikki on medium flame till it becomes crispy on both sides.
- prepare and serve aloo tikki chaat recipe