Chana dal vada easy and quick vada recipe made with grounded and soaked chana dal lentils mixed with spices and herbs. It is a crispy and soft deep-fried snack loved by kids and all age groups. It is also known as south Indian style masala vadai and required very less ingredients to make it. These vadas are an ideal evening snack recipe which tastes great with a cup of tea or can also be served as a side dish for lunch or dinner.
Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
Chana dalvada recipe | how to make masala vada | masala vadai
For dal vada
- 1 cup chana dal
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 dry red chilli
- 1 inch cinnamon
- 1 inch ginger
- 4 garlic cloves
- ¼ mint leaves
- Soaked chana dal
- 1 medium size chopped onion
- 8-10 chopped curry leaves
- ¼ cup coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp soaked chana dal
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- ½ cup mint leaves
- ¼ cup coconut
- 1 green chilli
- 1 tbsp roasted gram dal
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp water
- To temper chutney
- 1 tsp oil
- ¼ tsp mustard seeds
- ¼ tsp urad dal
- 4-5 curry leaves
- Wash and soak 1 cup chana dal for 4-5 hours.
- Then remove soaked dal water with a strainer.
- Now in a mixture jar add cumin seeds, green saunf, dry red chilli, cinnamon, ginger, garlic and mint leaves. Then add soaked chana dal and grind it into a coarse mixture.
- Take out mixture into a bowl, add chopped onion, curry leaves, chopped coriander leaves, 2 tbsp chana dal, turmeric powder and salt. Mix well
- Grease your hand with oil and make a round or flat shape vada.
- Now heat oil in a pan, add vada and fry them on medium-low flame till they become crispy.
- Serve hot vada with chutney.
- In a mixture jar, add mint leaves, coconut, green chilli, roasted chana dal, salt and some water. grind into a smooth paste.
- Now heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, soaked urad dal and curry leaves. add temper on chutney and mix well.
- Serve chutney with dal vada or masala vada.
- Do not add water while grinding dal.
- grind dal into a coarse mixture; do not grind into a smooth paste.
- If vada mixture is not properly bound then add some rice flour to bind the mixture.
- fry dal vada on medium flame.
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to subscribe our Youtube Channel and stay updated with our latest video recipes