Dahi baigan bhartha with bajra roti and raita marcha is easy to make village thali with all the basic ingredients from your kitchen. Dahi baigan bhartha is something different from regular baigan ka bharta (or olo). It is tasty and made in O% oil. It is served with bajra roti and Gujarati-style chili pickle, raita marcha. This winter season does make this wonderful village-style food and enjoy its mouth-watering taste along with friends and family!
Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
Dahi baigan bhartha recipe | bajra roti recipe | raita marcha recipe | winter special thali recipe | village food
For Dahi baigan bhartha
- 1 cup curd
- 250 grm or 1 medium size green baigan - brinjal
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- ¼ cup chopped green garlic
- ¼ cup chopped coriander leaves
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp green chilli paste
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp sugar
For Raita marcha
- 325 grm green-red chillies
- 5 tbsp salt
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 6 tbsp slightly coarse mustard seeds - rai kuria
- ¼ tsp hing
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1.5 tbsp fennel seeds powder
- 5 tbsp lemon juice
For Bajri ni rotli
- 1 cup bajra flour
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup water
- Wheat flour for dusting
For dahi baigan bhartha
- Add curd to a muslin cloth and hang curd for 20-25 minutes, to remove extra water from it.
- Wash the baigan (aubergine), make a slit on it, and add garlic cloves to it.
- Apply a few drops of oil over it. Roast the baigan on an open flame, till it has charred and wilted, takes around 15 minutes to do it on all sides.
- Cool, peel, and cut into small pieces.
- Now in a mixing bowl, add the cooled and mashed baigan, spring onions, green garlic, coriander, ginger paste, chilli paste, salt, cumin powder and sugar. Mix well
- Add yogurt and give it a gentle mix.
- Serve dahi baigan bhartha with bajra roti.
For bajra roti
- In a mixing bowl take 1 cup bajra atta, and ½ tsp salt, and mix well.
- Add water gradually and knead the soft dough for at least 10 minutes.
- pinch a small ball-sized dough, dust it with wheat flour, and pat gently. you can alternatively use a rolling pin to roll as done for paratha.
- pat with your hand until the roti turns as thin as possible. if the roti breaks, it means it needs more kneading.
- Heat the tawa and add bajra roti on it.
- now spread water over the roti with help of a hand or wet cloth to remove excess dough.
- When the water evaporates then flip it to the other side. press gently and cook all the sides.
- Serve bajra roti with dahi baigan bhartha.
For raita marcha
- Wash the green chilies, discard the stems and Slit from the center and make it into 2 pieces.
- Now remove the seeds from the chillies.
- Add 5 tbsp salt and turmeric and mix well and then cover and keep aside for 30 minutes ( for 2 hrs for a big batch)
- Now transfer the chilies to a sieve to drain out the moisture released from the chilies.
- Spread the chilies on a kitchen napkin for 30 minutes to absorb the extra water.
- Now in a mixing bowl, add slightly crushed raina kuria, hing and slightly hot cooking oil. Mix well.
- Add the chilies in a mixing bowl and add 1 tbsp salt, crushed fennel seeds, and lemon juice.
- Mix everything well and then fill the pickle in a glass jar.
- You can start using the pickle immediately but they taste best after 2 days.
- Enjoy baigan bhartha, bajra roti and khichdi.
Dahi baigan bhartha
- make a slit on brinjal, so it is properly cooked from the inner side.
- roast brinjal from all sides on medium flame.
- dry chillies completely and then add it into masala.
- makes soft dough of bajra roti.
- dust some wheat flour to roll bajra roti.
- cook bajra roti on medium flame.
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to subscribe our Youtube Channel and stay updated with our latest video recipes