It is a healthy and tasty winter special Gujarati pak recipe prepared from Gond, dry fruits, coconut, mava, and sugar syrup. It is rich in calories, and nutrients and provides the necessary heat and warmth during winter. It is a source of calcium and protein so ideal to serve kids, new mothers, and elderly people.
If you are a beginner or making gunder pak first time then follow this method. I will share the perfect ingredient ratio and a few no-fail tips to help you to make the perfect gunder pak on the first attempt. Do try it this season!
Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
Gunder pak recipe | how to make gond pak | Gujarati gunder pak
- 50 g or ¼ cup Gond
- 75 g or ½ cup ghee
- 125 g or ½ cup sugar
- 125 g or 1 cup mava
- 125 g or 2.5 cup dry coconut
- 2 tbsp Chopped cashews
- 2 tbsp Chopped almonds
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- ½ tsp Nutmeg powder
- 1 tsp Dry ginger powder
- ¼ cup water
- In a heavy bottom pan, add dry coconut and dry roast it on low flame.
- Now heat ghee and fry gond in batches.
- Crush the gond using your bowl or with your hand.
- Roast cashews and almonds in ghee and add to mixing bowl.
- Now, in the same pan add mava and roast it till the ghee separates from its sides. Then add mava into the mixing bowl.
- Mix the entire ingredient into a mixing bowl.
- Now in a pan, add sugar and water. Mix well and cook sugar syrup till it reaches 1 string consistency.
- Switch off the gas, add cardamom powder, nutmeg powder and dry ginger powder. Mix well.
- Add gond pak mixture into the sugar syrup and mix well.
- Grease the plate with little oil, and add gond pak mixture.
- Allow mixture to set for 1 hour.
- Cut into pieces and enjoy gond pak for a month when stored in an airtight container.
- fry gond on low-medium flame till it completely puffs up.
- Switch off the gas, when the sugar syrup reaches 1-string consistency.
- Add all powder into hot sugar syrup for its aromatic flavor.