Instant veg biryani is a complete meal with grains, vegetables, whole spices, and herbs. It begins with a base of onions, then builds layers of flavors with aromatic long-grain basmati rice and a combination of vegetables cooked to tender perfection. It is easy to make and tastes great with raita. Here is an easy video recipe for instant veg biryani.
Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
Instant veg biryani recipe | how to make vegetable biryani | Restaurant style biryani
- 1 cup rice
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ inch cinnamon
- 2 cloves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 medium size slice onion
- 2 chopped green chilli
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- ½ tsp garlic paste
- 1 medium size potato cubes
- ½ slice of carrot
- ¼ cup green peas
- Salt to taste
- 1 medium size chopped tomato
- ¼ cup curd
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper powder
- ½ tsp garam masala or biryani masala
- 5-6 chopped mint leaves
- Some coriander leaves
- 1.75 cup water
- Soak 1 cup of rice in the water for 30 minutes. Drain water and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add oil, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, cardamom, cloves, and cumin seeds. Sauté for a minute.
- Add onion and green chilli and sauté till it becomes translucent.
- Then add ginger and garlic paste and sauté for a minute.
- Add potato cubes, carrot slices, peas, tomatoes and salt. Sauté till vegetables become slightly soft.
- In a mixing bowl, add curd, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, black pepper powder, and garam masala. mix well.
- Add curd mixture into pan and cook till oil separates from the sides of vegetables.
- Add chopped mint leaves and coriander leaves. mix well.
- Add soaked rice and mix well.
- Add water and mix everything. Cover the pan and cook biryani on a low medium flame for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve instant veg biryani with raita and papad.
- soak rice for 30 minutes to cook biryani quickly.
- curd with masala gives restaurant-style flavor to the biryani.
- cook biryani on low-medium flame.