Jeera soda is a simple refreshing cool beverage drink to lower the hot temperature during the summer season. In this recipe, I share the process of making jeera sharbat or concentrate which is prepared with jeera, black peppercorns, sugar, black salt, and chaat masala.
The key ingredients in the recipe are Jeera or Cumin Seeds, which is considered great for digestion, Helps in morning sickness and nausea., Improves digestion, boosts immunity, boosts energy, good for the skin, and promotes Healthy Hair. You can make this drink along with your meals or consume it after your meals. It is easy to prepare with all available ingredients in your kitchen. Do try this!
Similar recipe collection
Recipe card for jeera soda
For jeera sharbat
- 1 cup or 140 grm cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp or 20 grm black pepper
- 2 cup or 400 grm sugar
- 2 cup water
- 4 tbsp black salt
- 4 tbsp chaat masala
For jeera soda
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp jeera sharbat
- Ice cubes
- Soda or eno fruit salt pouch
Making jeera sharbat
- Dry roast cumin seeds and black peppercorns until slightly browned.
- Remove the pan from heat and let it cool. Grind the roasted cumin seeds and peppercorns to make a coarse powder. Keep it aside.
- In a pan, add sugar and water. Dissolve sugar and bring the mixture comes to a boil.
- Then add jeera powder, black salt, and chaat masala. mix well.
- Cook mixture till it slightly thick or coat the backside of a spoon.
- Store jeera sharbat or syrup in a glass syrup.
Making jeera soda
- Add ice cubes in a glass.
- Add lemon juice and 2 tbsp syrup in the glass.
- Top the glass with soda and served immediately.
- Or if soda is not available, then in a glass, add soda, eno fruit salt, and regular water to make jeera soda.
- roast jeera till it slightly golden brown and turn aromatic.
- The proportion of sugar is double than quantity of jeera.
- cook sharbat till it slightly sticky and coat the back side of the spoon.
- store sharbat into an air-tight container.
- if soda is not available, then use eno fruit salt in its place.