Layered dhokli with rasa is one pot meal recipe. In which dhokli are made from wheat flour and simmer in yogurt-spices gravy. it is one pot meal served and does not need any rice or flatbread with it as it does contain both. it is generally served during dinner time but can also be served for lunchtime with or without any variation. Do try this!
- Firstly, I made dhokli with wheat flour, also ensure to roll thin dhoklis as the thick ones would require more time to cook in rasa.
- In hot boiling rasa, add dhokli one by one and do not overcrowd it rasa. overcrowding may result in dhokli sticking to each other and my form lump while boiling.
- Cook dhokla with rasa curry thick when it cools down. hence you may need to add water and bring it desired consistency if you are serving it for later.
- Lastly, layered dhokli with rasa tastes great when prepared slightly spicy and served hot.
Layered dhokli with rasa | kathiyawadi style rasa with layered dhokli | No dal daldhokli recipe
- 1 cup wheat flour
- Salt to taste
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp ajwain
- 2 tsp oil
- ½ cup water or as required
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 5-6 methi dana
- Pinch of hing
- Some curry leaves
- 2 dry red chilli
- 1 tsp kathiyawadi garlic chutney
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 chopped green chilli
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 3.5 cup water
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 tbsp besan
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp jaggery
- Some coriander leaves
- In a pan, add oil, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, methi dana, hing, curry leaves and dry red chilli. Saute it.
- Then add kathiyawadi garlic chutney and saute it.
- add chopped tomatoes, green chilli and ginger paste. Saute till the tomato become soft.
- Now lower the flame and add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and some water. Saute it.
- Then add 3.5 cup water and salt. mix well and medium flame bring it to boil.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl add wheat flour, salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, ajwain and oil. mix well.
- Add water gradually and knead medium-soft dough.
- Now take medium size ball and roll thin roti. Then cut the roll into medium size round circles. (Refer video)
- Then take one round apply some oil to it and fold it into half. Again, apply some oil and fold it into triangle. (refer to video)
- Make all layered dhokli in same way.
- When rasa starts boiling, add layered dhokli in it.
- Cover and cook on a medium flame for 12 minutes or till dhokli is properly cooked.
- Now in a bowl, take half a cup buttemilk and 1 tbsp besan. Mix well.
- Add into rasa and stir continuously till it starts to boil. Cover and cook rasa with dhokli for 5 minutes on low flame.
- Now add garama masala, jaggery and some coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Layered dhokla with rasa is ready. Serve hot with salad and papad.
- Knead the medium soft dough for dhokli also apply some oil between dhokli layered, so each layer cooks properly and separates from the other.
- Add dhokli to boiling water.
- Cook dhokli on a medium flame for 12 minutes
- You can add 3 tbsp curd instead of buttermilk.
- Besan gives thick to the gravy.
- After adding buttermilk, stir the mixture continuously till it starts boiling.
- Layered dhokli with rasa tastes great when it is prepared slightly spicy and served hot.