Palak Bhaji Nu Shaak is a quick and delicious curry made with fresh palak leaves, garlic (lasoon), and a blend of regular spices. The dish is renowned for its unique flavor profile while being rich in nutrients, making it a wholesome addition to your meal. It can be relished as a delightful side dish or as a hearty main course when paired with bajra roti, garlic chutney, or steamed rice. Don’t miss the opportunity to give it a try!
- Firstly, wash palak bhaji properly and then cut it. Also, blanching the palak leaves helps retain their green color in the sabzi.
- If you have a reservation about the strong garlic flavor, you can limit the number of garlic pods according to your preference. You can also add other vegetables like potatoes, carrots, and peas to make it more nutritious.
- I prepared a paste with peanuts, sesame and gram flour (Besan). which gives a creamy texture and dhaba-style flavor to the sabzi.
- Lastly, palak sabzi tastes great when prepared slightly spicy and served hot.
Palak bhaji nu shaak | palak ki sabji recipe | palak bhaji recipe
- 500 grm palak leaves
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Pinch of hing
- 15-17 chopped garlic cloves
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 tbsp green chilli paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ½ cup tomato puree
- 2 tbsp roasted peanuts
- 2 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp gram flour - besan
- 1 cup water or as required
- Garnish with butter.
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- ½ tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- Wash and cut palak leaves into medium thick strips.
- In a kadai, add 3-4 cup water and bring it to boil. Add salt and palak leaves, boil it for 2-3 minutes.
- Take out leaves on wire rack and add old water on it to stop its cooking process. Keep it aside.
- In a kadai, add 4 tbsp oil, 1 tsp cumin seeds and pinch of hing. Saute it.
- Add 15-17 chopped garlic cloves and saute till it slightly golden brown.
- Add ½ cup chopped onion and saute it.
- Then add 1 tbsp green chilli paste and 1 tsp ginger paste. Saute it.
- Now lower the flame, add ½ tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp coriander powder and ½ tsp garam masala. add little water and saute masala into oil.
- Now add ½ cup tomato puree and salt to taste. Saute it. cover and cook gravy till oil separate from its sides.
- Meanwhile in a mixture jar, add 2 tbsp roasted peanutes, 2 tbsp sesame seeds and 1 tbsp gram flour (besan). Add ¼ cup water and grind it into smooth paste.
- Now add grinded paste and mix well. Saute paste till it become release sides of pan.
- then add palak leaves and mix well.
- Now add 1 cup hot water and mix well.
- cook sabzi for 5-7 minutes till oil release from sides and gravy thicken.
- Now in a tadka pan, add 1 tbsp ghee, 1 tsp chopped garlic, 1 tsp sesame seeds and ½ tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder. Add tadka into sabzi and mix well.
- Garnish with butter and Mix well.
- Palak bhaji nu shaak is ready to serve with bajra roti or rice.
- Boil on high flame for only 2 minutes.
- Immediately add cold water to the palak leaves to stop the cooking process.
- Palak blanching helps retain its green color in the sabzi.
- Garlic enhances the flavor of palak sabzi.Garlic enhances the flavor of methi sabzi.
- The ground paste gives creaminess and a dhaba-style taste to the sabzi.
- You can use daliya dal (roasted chana dal) or melon seeds (magaj tari seeds) instead of gram flour